Classof 2016! (+ questions on why Augsburg over other schools)

It's that time of year again! Anyone applying this fall, feel free to check in here.

A few questions for those familar with the campus:

What types of financial aid (aside from loans) is available at Augsburg? I know the program is quite expensive (around $77,000 from what I remember). What is it about Augsburg that makes students choose them above other, less costly, programs? I visited the campus for an informational session and was impressed with their presentation.

What makes Augsburg unique?

It's that time of year again! Anyone applying this fall, feel free to check in here.

A few questions for those familar with the campus:

What types of financial aid (aside from loans) is available at Augsburg? I know the program is quite expensive (around $77,000 from what I remember). What is it about Augsburg that makes students choose them above other, less costly, programs? I visited the campus for an informational session and was impressed with their presentation.

What makes Augsburg unique?

• 4 weeks later...

For me, it was the PANCE pass rate. 100% first time pass rate for the last two reported years, 98% over the last five. So if you apply and are accepted, remember... there is a method to their madness!

And for the finances part of your question, I don't believe there is much other than loans. Not sure if graduate studies qualify for any need-based federal grants or not, and scholarships at Augsburg are small and few. There is a military grant worth a few hundred dollars per semester for students in the Guard or Reserves. If you want your loans paid for, be prepared to work under a program in an underserved area that will pay them off for you (NHSC is the big one).

• 1 month later...

I just started at Augsburg and it's a great program! Even better, you will be the Class of 2015-D since the program is being shortened. Haeriphos is right that the PANCE rate is amazing, and we were just told that the Augsburg class that just took the PANCE had 1/3 of the students acing the exam. How is that possible??

Another thing to consider is that with the start of St. Kate's and Bethel's PA programs, clinical sites and jobs in Minnesota are going to be a lot more competitive now. Augsburg has an outstanding reputation for turning out great students, so keep that in mind when deciding where to apply and for future interview questions.

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Is there any one frm Augsburg who was acceptd with a GPA as mine of 3.38,although I have had good direct patient care experience of 3000+ hours+ PA shadowing of 20+hours.........I'll be applying this year...what are my chances of getting admission into Augsburg or is there any other college where I have bright chances of getting admission into PA program more easily???

Archived