Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/7/2020 at 1:46 PM, SKO23 said:

Wohooo!! Just got an interview invite today, and I'm so excited I have a chance at this!

Anyone who has interviewed, did they provide additional information about the interview after you scheduled it such as dress code/structure?

Not really. I just got a link to my appointment time but that's it. They told me it will be with a faculty member and someone from admissions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received an acceptance email today! I am SO excited! Is there a facebook group set up yet?

Just received an acceptance today from my 9/30 interview! I am SO EXCITED! They are my top choice and I am so excited for this opportunity and to meet everyone in my class! Best of luck to everyone st

Just got accepted as well!! Interviewed July 27th! Congrats everyone 🙂 SO excited to be a PA!

Posted Images

For anyone who has already interviewed, what was the webinar like the Monday before? Did prospective students have the webcams on/were they dressed in suits? I might need to attend while at work and am trying to judge if I can do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 8:09 PM, prepahannah said:

Not really. I just got a link to my appointment time but that's it. They told me it will be with a faculty member and someone from admissions 

Did you do the webinar the Monday before your interview? If so was your webcam on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, SKO23 said:

For anyone who has already interviewed, what was the webinar like the Monday before? Did prospective students have the webcams on/were they dressed in suits? I might need to attend while at work and am trying to judge if I can do that.

Hi there! 

The webinar was pretty laid back, but everyone was wearing suits and had their webcams on. 

The director gave an overview of the program and everyone had the opportunity to introduce themselves and talk about why they were interested in Salus. You probably don't want to try to do this webinar at work. :))

I hope this helps!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much! Do you know about how long it lasted? 

4 minutes ago, prepajjjj said:

Hi there! 

The webinar was pretty laid back, but everyone was wearing suits and had their webcams on. 

The director gave an overview of the program and everyone had the opportunity to introduce themselves and talk about why they were interested in Salus. You probably don't want to try to do this webinar at work. :))

I hope this helps!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SKO23 said:

Thank you so much! Do you know about how long it lasted? 

 

No problem! It's supposed to be from 9-11. During our webinar the faculty all had the wrong link so they went to a different chatroom. We waited about 20 minutes and it caused the meeting to run a little bit longer. I think it's safe to give about 2 hours and if you have to leave for work they are very understanding. Several people wrote in the chat they had to head to work when the meeting ran longer. 

Good luck! You got this 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, prepajjjj said:

No problem! It's supposed to be from 9-11. During our webinar the faculty all had the wrong link so they went to a different chatroom. We waited about 20 minutes and it caused the meeting to run a little bit longer. I think it's safe to give about 2 hours and if you have to leave for work they are very understanding. Several people wrote in the chat they had to head to work when the meeting ran longer. 

Good luck! You got this 🙂 

Thank you so much for all your help! I’ll think good thoughts for us both- hopefully you hear something soon! My boss has been understanding so far about time off with short notice, there’s just no one to cover me when I’m off- having a time frame is very helpful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the view on the importance of the GRE? I received a below average score but a very high writing score, I know they do not have a minimum but was wondering if its worth applying? Its also pretty late in the game to submit I suppose.Any advice is helpful! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mc123 said:

Anyone know the view on the importance of the GRE? I received a below average score but a very high writing score, I know they do not have a minimum but was wondering if its worth applying? Its also pretty late in the game to submit I suppose.Any advice is helpful! 

I would also like to know if anyone got an interview invite with a below average score? I already applied, but my GRE score isn't that great. I have a high GPA which I hope will offset it, but I wonder if they automatically throw your application away if they don't like your GRE score?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, prepahannah said:

I haven’t done the webinar yet but yes I believe it always is the Monday of your interview week. 

I have done the webinar and everyone was dressed in business attire with their webcams on! ((Definitely attend!!)) We all went around and introduced ourselves and they had a list of people who should've been there... and some people no-showed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, livh13 said:

I have done the webinar and everyone was dressed in business attire with their webcams on! ((Definitely attend!!)) We all went around and introduced ourselves and they had a list of people who should've been there... and some people no-showed. 

Thank you! Luckily I’ve had just enough notice thanks to you all to rearrange my work schedule. I also got an email today with a reminder that the webinar is a required event and that we should come prepared to have our microphones and cameras on. I think the original email was a little unclear, and I wonder if this email was in response to the no shows today...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, prepahannah said:

Just received an acceptance email! Honestly am in such shock, they said I wouldn't hear for up to 3 weeks because my interview was on the 20th. I hope I see some others get acceptances soon 🙂

Congrats- you are going to be a PA!!! Had mine today hoping for the same result 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prepajjjj said:

Just received an acceptance email! AHH!! I interviewed July 16 and heard back today!! 
Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have questions about the interview process at all. :))

Congratulations!! Wondering if you could share your stats? Also how was the interview? zoom? was it awkward? I hate the idea of an online interview lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kayywri said:

Congratulations!! Wondering if you could share your stats? Also how was the interview? zoom? was it awkward? I hate the idea of an online interview lol

Ya no problem! 
Applied May 28 

Verified June 4

GPA - 3.98 

GRE - 306 combined and 4 in writing 
LOR - 2 PAs, 1 work supervisor, 1 science professor

PCE - About 1100 hours as a CNA, 70 hours medical missions abroad, 65 hours shadowing, lots of other volunteering too but it was not healthcare related! 

I’m majoring in biology and I’m graduating in December

The interview was actually great! It was kind of nice they put the program overview on a different day because it made it less overwhelming! The overview was held last Monday and I interviewed Thursday. 

The actual interview was an hour long. You have 30 minutes with a professor and 30 minutes with an admissions person. It could go a little longer too if you have a lot to talk about! For me, it wasn’t awkward. It was very relaxed and they really just wanted to get to know me! Obviously make sure you know how to answer basic questions, but honestly it felt more like a fluid conversation than a scoring system. 
 

My WiFi did cut out once or twice toward the end and everything froze, but I was able to connect it to my phone’s hotspot and it was fine! They were super understanding of technical difficulties so don’t worry. Make sure you have a backup device ready just in case though! 
 

I hope this makes you feel better about it! Don’t worry - you got this! 🙂 

Edited by prepajjjj
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, prepajjjj said:

Ya no problem! 
Applied May 28 

Verified June 4

GPA - 3.98 

GRE - 306 combined and 4 in writing 
LOR - 2 PAs, 1 work supervisor, 1 science professor

PCE - About 1100 hours as a CNA, 70 hours medical missions abroad, 65 hours shadowing, lots of other volunteering too but it was not healthcare related! 

I’m majoring in biology and I’m graduating in December

The interview was actually great! It was kind of nice they put the program overview on a different day because it made it less overwhelming! The overview was held last Monday and I interviewed Thursday. 

The actual interview was an hour long. You have 30 minutes with a professor and 30 minutes with an admissions person. It could go a little longer too if you have a lot to talk about! For me, it wasn’t awkward. It was very relaxed and they really just wanted to get to know me! It was all open file so they refer to your application a lot. Obviously make sure you know how to answer basic questions like why do you want to be a PA, but honestly when answering it felt more like a fluid conversation than a scoring system. 
 

My WiFi did cut out once or twice toward the end and everything froze, but I was able to connect it to my phone’s hotspot and it was fine! They were super understanding of technical difficulties so don’t worry. Make sure you have a backup device ready just in case though! 
 

I hope this makes you feel better about it! Don’t worry - you got this! 🙂 

thanks so much for the info! congrats again! time to celebrate!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I be concerned that I have not received anything since the confirmation of receipt email? My stats are very similar to those who interviewed and were accepted, so I'm rather perplexed as to why I was skipped over🤔 Does Salus not accept online prerequisites?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

Should I be concerned that I have not received anything since the confirmation of receipt email? My stats are very similar to those who interviewed and were accepted, so I'm rather perplexed as to why I was skipped over🤔 Does Salus not accept online prerequisites?

When did you receive the confirmation of receipt?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More