2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

I got an invitation for an interview and I am very excited! It says the interview will be in person which is suprising because of COVID19 restrictions, I made my interview appointment yesterday and am still waiting to hear more about the process, here is my time line

Applied-5/25 

Verified-5/26

Confirmation-6/22

Interview invite-6/23

Goodluck to all applicants this cycle! 

21 minutes ago, Angrios said:

I got an invitation for an interview and I am very excited! It says the interview will be in person which is suprising because of COVID19 restrictions, I made my interview appointment yesterday and am still waiting to hear more about the process, here is my time line

Applied-5/25 

Verified-5/26

Confirmation-6/22

Interview invite-6/23

Congratulations! That is awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats?

@eluch15 sure! My overall GPA is a 3.61, science GPA 3.43, non science GPA 3.72, I graduated from UD in 2019 with an Honors Bachelor of the Arts in Biology and a minor in Human Development and Family Science, I have roughly 2300 HCE hours, most from being a medical assistant in an outpatient Dermatology practice during my gap year and approximately 300 from being a medical scribe through ScribeAmerica at an ENT and Allergy clinic in Delaware. I have about 100 shadowing hours from my training prior to becoming an MA. i took my GRE in March and received a 306 with a 4 in the analytical writing section, got letters of recommendation from one of the physicians I work with, a PA I work with and one of my previous biology professors. 

Also, wanted to update about the interview, so originally I received an email saying it would be in person but about a day later I got another email saying it would be virtual due to COVID, I'm assuming the original letter was just a template from previous years they had not adjusted, so interviews will be virtual. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Angrios said:

@eluch15 sure! My overall GPA is a 3.61, science GPA 3.43, non science GPA 3.72, I graduated from UD in 2019 with an Honors Bachelor of the Arts in Biology and a minor in Human Development and Family Science, I have roughly 2300 HCE hours, most from being a medical assistant in an outpatient Dermatology practice during my gap year and approximately 300 from being a medical scribe through ScribeAmerica at an ENT and Allergy clinic in Delaware. I have about 100 shadowing hours from my training prior to becoming an MA. i took my GRE in March and received a 306 with a 4 in the analytical writing section, got letters of recommendation from one of the physicians I work with, a PA I work with and one of my previous biology professors. 

Also, wanted to update about the interview, so originally I received an email saying it would be in person but about a day later I got another email saying it would be virtual due to COVID, I'm assuming the original letter was just a template from previous years they had not adjusted, so interviews will be virtual. 

Your stats sound awesome! Good luck on your interview!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angrios said:

Ah fellow blue hen here, good luck on your interview! 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, Angrios said:

Applied-5/25 

Verified-5/26

Confirmation-6/22

Interview invite-6/23

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing the day you selected to interview/ interview date options that you were offered?

3 minutes ago, SKO23 said:

Thank you! Looks like I’ve missed this round of interviews, that’s when I received a confirmation too but I haven’t heard anything either way. Best of luck!

Good luck to you as well! Don't give up hope yet, there is plenty of time.