Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I called this morning and they let me know that they’re running behind on admissions decisions as they received a record high of applicants. Over 600 to be exact. They said interview decisions won’t g

Was offered an interview yesterday, but will be declining as I have already been accepted to another program. I hope this opens up a spot for someone! Best of luck to everyone 

I got the eligibility email Monday morning around 8am and received the interview invite Tuesday night at 11pm!

Posted Images

I recall in one of the videos that they sent with the interview acceptance email, they showed the list of all the possible electives.  I was going to go back over that this week soon as I had time (likely tomorrow).  I'll write them down and post them when I find it.

It sounds like for you too it might be decision-time... I applied to two schools and if the other one accepts me too, well, I'll have a real decision on my hands.  A good problem to have!

Those who are going to pick UNMC over other schools, can you tell me your thoughts on the matter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SLPtoPAC said:

Not at all. I’m sold on UNMC. I just wanted to look at the clerkships! I’ll review the video! The culture they cultivate is me to a T.

I had a bit of time and found where they were in that pre-interview video.  I'll try and go through my notes to see if I wrote additional stuff down during the interview part.

 

Can you tell me why you're sold on UNMC?  I'm sold that they're a great school, but I may have a tough decision and was hoping to hear what someone else thinks about it more specifically

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I had a bit of time and found where they were in that pre-interview video.  I'll try and go through my notes to see if I wrote additional stuff down during the interview part.

 

Can you tell me why you're sold on UNMC?  I'm sold that they're a great school, but I may have a tough decision and was hoping to hear what someone else thinks about it more specifically

I have worked there, twice in two different capacities. The non-competitive culture in the PA school is something that appeals to me as we’ve all worked our butts off to get to this point. The opportunities present at one of the foremost hospitals in the country is also very intriguing. I’ve also worked with many PAs who went to UNMC and they were outstanding. Furthermore, attending UNMC means I don’t have to move my family to another city. The cost is also a major factor knowing Omaha is cheap to live in and tuition is extremely cheap compared to other PA programs in the area that I looked at (60k less than Creighton and 20k less than College of Saint Mary.) Finally, saying where you went to PA school really doesn’t matter as long as you pass the PANCE but UNMC’s name carries a lot of weight. Life changing research and treatment goes on here and I want to be a part of it!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ambrose said:

I recall in one of the videos that they sent with the interview acceptance email, they showed the list of all the possible electives.  I was going to go back over that this week soon as I had time (likely tomorrow).  I'll write them down and post them when I find it.

It sounds like for you too it might be decision-time... I applied to two schools and if the other one accepts me too, well, I'll have a real decision on my hands.  A good problem to have!

Those who are going to pick UNMC over other schools, can you tell me your thoughts on the matter?

I am in the same boat. Im leaning more towards UNMC for a couple reasons. 

-7 elective rotations. For me that is huge. No other school I have seen has offered that. I interviewed at Baylor and they don't even offer electives!

-5 year 100% pass rate. speaks for itself

-non-competitive culture. Small class size.

-1 month dedicated to PANCE prep after clinical rotations

-17 week gross anatomy course. non-prosected. I took gross anatomy as an undergrad and some schools offering only 6-9 weeks of instruction seems very rushed and only inserted for face value. 

-Both the Canadian and US military chose THIS program to instruct their PAs. That says something about the quality of instruction.

 

Hope this helps!

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HopefulPA21 said:

Hello! 

This may be a bit early, but for those who are on the waitlist, has anybody been offered a position/acceptance!? 

I am on the waitlist as well but haven't heard anything. I don't think they will offer acceptances until after the deadline to accept/decline your position on the waitlist which is December 18th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 4:49 PM, HopefulPA21 said:

Hello! 

This may be a bit early, but for those who are on the waitlist, has anybody been offered a position/acceptance!? 

I am also waitlisted! I'm guessing they will definitely wait until decisions are due on December 18th but I have no idea what the timeline is . Does anyone know how many people typically get pulled from the waitlist?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More