2020-2021 NGU Cycle

Hey everyone! I was also invited for an interview on Friday August 28th! Reading through this year's forum, I'm curious as to the exact format of the interview. It seems lime it is more so just a group interview with ethical/situational questions. Quite different from the other interviews I've had this cycle!

On 8/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, TaythePA said:

Hey everyone! I was also invited for an interview on Friday August 28th! Reading through this year's forum, I'm curious as to the exact format of the interview. It seems lime it is more so just a group interview with ethical/situational questions. Quite different from the other interviews I've had this cycle!

I was also invited to interview on August 28th! It does seem as though it’s pretty much a group setup. I look forward to meeting everyone! 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, Lilithxp said:

I have to agree with you on this! I found myself being swayed by other people's responses in the group interview and did not feel the questions were very personable either at NGU. My other interview had a small group panel but our decision was based off of our individual interview performances, but regardless I do wish you the best of luck on your journey! 

So was the interview format strictly a group interview and nothing else? Thanks!

11 hours ago, TaythePA said:

So was the interview format strictly a group interview and nothing else? Thanks!

Correct only a group interview

edit: I think it was 45 min total for interview but I had broken that up by 3 people, it could have changed now 

Edited by Lilithxp

On 8/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, kerimonteleone said:

Personally, I wasn’t a fan of the interview. With it being a group interview, I felt like my answers were often over shadowed. 

Yeah, I can understand that. It's kind of strange that they are using a group-only format. I feel as though it takes away from getting to know each applicant on a more personal level.

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well! I have an interview coming up this Friday and was reading the posts in this thread about the format.

Does each applicant really talk for 15 minutes each? Is everyone just chiming in at different times for their answers or does everyone get an assigned turn? 

Also, did you guys feel prepared for the type of questions they asked? Or did you feel like the questions they asked were something you could have prepared/studied for? The feedback I read on here is that the interview format didn’t really seem personal. It sounds like there is less introspection involved on the applicant’s part about their own individual characteristics/personality, it sounds more like they focus on how the applicant problem-solves through ethical situations? 

17 hours ago, ptokki said:

Does each applicant really talk for 15 minutes each? Is everyone just chiming in at different times for their answers or does everyone get an assigned turn? 

Also, did you guys feel prepared for the type of questions they asked? Or did you feel like the questions they asked were something you could have prepared/studied for? The feedback I read on here is that the interview format didn’t really seem personal. It sounds like there is less introspection involved on the applicant’s part about their own individual characteristics/personality, it sounds more like they focus on how the applicant problem-solves through ethical situations? 

Yes, it's a group interview with two other candidates. Each person has an opportunity to answer the questions in turn. I personally felt like it was personal and I enjoyed it more than other virtual interviews. The questions were reasonable and there was a good variety of types of questions asked, personalized and situational.

• Upvote 2