2020-2021 NGU Cycle

2 hours ago, Lilithxp said:

Hello all! I have been waitlisted and will be giving up my spot since I have been accepted to another program, best of luck to you all! 

Reflect and be proud of the work you put in to get here, you deserve it!!! Best of luck to you and yours! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kstew said:

Update: Just got an email I was placed on alternate list. 

I got the same email. I honestly thought it was a difficult interview format (a zoom interview with 2 other applicants and 2 faculty...) Since there was no individual assigned questions  it was hard to voice your opinion and be personable with the faculty...anyone else feel that way?

11 minutes ago, jennl89 said:

I got the same email. I honestly thought it was a difficult interview format (a zoom interview with 2 other applicants and 2 faculty...) Since there was no individual assigned questions  it was hard to voice your opinion and be personable with the faculty...anyone else feel that way?

Agreed, an in-person interview would likely have made for a different experience. Prior years interviews consisted of MMI, an essay and a group critical thinking activity. Zoom was conversational and friendly, but the format loses an element of connection. Unfortunately, with the recent surges I imagine Zoom interviews are here to stay. I suppose it is just another element to the game we simply need to adjust to. All these small moments will only serve to make the endpoint more worthwhile. Best of luck, stay hungry and curious!

8 hours ago, jennl89 said:

I have to agree with you on this! I found myself being swayed by other people's responses in the group interview and did not feel the questions were very personable either at NGU. My other interview had a small group panel but our decision was based off of our individual interview performances, but regardless I do wish you the best of luck on your journey! 

I have received an interview for 7/23!

Looking for input on the type of questions I should be expecting. Reading the previous comments in the post, it seems as if the interview itself only lasts 45 minutes with 3 other students and 2 faculty members. 

Happy to hear feedback from others regarding the set up of the interview and format of the questions. Thank you!

On 7/8/2020 at 11:00 AM, tadius97 said:

Good morning everyone,

I received an interview for 7/23! I love would to hear feedback from applicants who had interviews here already.

Thanks!

On 7/12/2020 at 11:53 PM, collinhall said:

I have received an interview for 7/23!

Looking for input on the type of questions I should be expecting. Reading the previous comments in the post, it seems as if the interview itself only lasts 45 minutes with 3 other students and 2 faculty members. 

Happy to hear feedback from others regarding the set up of the interview and format of the questions. Thank you!

Mostly ethical/situational questions. Honestly I was not a fan of the interview itself, so impersonal and awkward. It was hard judging how long to talk for and not echoing others' answers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/10/2020 at 4:24 PM, EnzoScoobyMama said:

This may be a silly question, but do you guys think it is okay to apply to this program if you're not religious?

I'm curious if anyone else has input on this question? Prevalence of scripture/religion in the classroom? Any indication from interviews? I'm Christian but the faith message is VERY prevalent in their philosophy. I read on NGU's website that gay and trans students are prohibited, then read dress code for shorts and yoga pants, no visiting dormitories of the opposite sex... Sounds like the religious component is quite prevalent. 

6 hours ago, LeeLee21 said:

I'm curious if anyone else has input on this question? Prevalence of scripture/religion in the classroom? Any indication from interviews? I'm Christian but the faith message is VERY prevalent in their philosophy. I read on NGU's website that gay and trans students are prohibited, then read dress code for shorts and yoga pants, no visiting dormitories of the opposite sex... Sounds like the religious component is quite prevalent. 

Very interested in this answer as well. If gay and trans students are truly prohibited I can imagine there would be very little taught about their needs in healthcare, which I’m not sure I’m comfortable with. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PAJourney148 said:

Very interested in this answer as well. If gay and trans students are truly prohibited I can imagine there would be very little taught about their needs in healthcare, which I’m not sure I’m comfortable with. 

I saw this addressed in the previous years forums. Essentially the PA school is it’s own institution associated with NGU, has its own building a short distance from campus. Basically it’s great if you resonate with the Christian message, but it’s not a requirement and the program doesn’t push any religious dogma within the program whatsoever. Beyond, perhaps, the humanitarian efforts of mission trips through the associated Church and program in Nicaragua.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sc215266 said:

I wonder when/if individuals on the alternate list might begin to hear back? In previous year's cycles it seemed alternates were pulled more towards the fall. I wonder how many more interviews NGU will conduct since their "deadline" is Thursday. 

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing... To be honest I thought interviewing 30+ ppl was a lot during my interview day

16 minutes ago, tadius97 said:

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing... To be honest I thought interviewing 30+ ppl was a lot during my interview day

Oh wow that’s fascinating, thanks for the insight. I was in the initial interview so it didn’t seem that packed, but in retrospect there was also a second interview the following day. Thus I could easily see 40+ applicants between the two days. A smaller class size has a ton of benefits, but unfortunately, far fewer seats than my other interviews. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a virtual interview email invite from NGU PA Program for Thursday, August 27th!!! I am a first time applicant from MN with pretty average stats so Im pretty excited to get invited! Can anyone who already did an interview please let me know the format of questions they ask? Is it MMI or more traditional? The time they told me is 1-3:30 pm EST.