2020-2021 NGU Cycle

3 hours ago, sc215266 said:

It was really nice to meet everyone that I had the opportunity to interact with! Best of luck to everyone and I hope for the opportunity to meet you again in the future, it was great working with our interview group!

How was the interview? Was it weird being online? Did they have a tour or anything lol

22 minutes ago, MS310PA said:

Hey y’all!! I got the acceptance call about an hour ago! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! They put you on speaker phone with the whole admissions team and they applaud.. it was a really amazing way to get such awesome news!! 🙂

Congratulations!!! You should be insanely proud of the hard work you put to get here and you deserve it!

• Like 2

Hey everyone! 

I interviewed on June 19th. I haven't heard anything back, yet. I'm still hoping and praying that I get in, since NGU is my #1. Regardless of my outcome, I just wanted to let anyone who is moving to Greenville know that I'm a resource here, if they have any questions about the Greer or Greenville area, places of worship, DMV, apartments, etc. I'm 29 and have lived here the majority of my life, with about 6 years in Memphis. I also work for Greenville County EMS so I'm familiar with all of Greenville County. My email is below. Good luck to everyone on their PA journey! 

KStew

jkatestewart@gmail.com

Edited by kstew
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, AlyEstes said:

Do we know when they'll send out the next round of calls?

We do not, but you can review the previous years forums for a general idea. Ultimately it’s highly variable but it seems the program does genuinely weigh each applicants whole application and they do constantly review applications up to every two weeks for consideration. I saw previous students reported being accepted 45 minutes after their interview to 12 days later, to being pulled off the waitlist weeks before the program began. Good luck and remember the destination is the journey. Need to enjoy each aspect of the process, feeling tense waiting for that call, will only make your acceptance so much sweeter! Enjoy life and keep learning and contributing to healthcare as if you were getting ready to apply again

Edited by sc215266
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

We do not, but you can review the previous years forums for a general idea. Ultimately it’s highly variable but it seems the program does genuinely weigh each applicants whole application and they do constantly review applications up to every two weeks for consideration. I saw previous students reported being accepted 45 minutes after their interview to 12 days later, to being pulled off the waitlist weeks before the program began. Good luck and remember the destination is the journey. Need to enjoy each aspect of the process, feeling tense waiting for that call, will only make your acceptance so much sweeter! Enjoy life and keep learning and contributing to healthcare as if you were getting ready to apply again

Just wanted to say, I love you positivity and kind spirit throughout this forum. It would be a pleasure to be in the same program together! Fingers crossed for all of us on this journey!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARFTHS said:

Just wanted to say, I love you positivity and kind spirit throughout this forum. It would be a pleasure to be in the same program together! Fingers crossed for all of us on this journey!

Genuinely appreciate your kind words and the feeling is absolutely mutual, best of luck! 

I received my acceptance call on Friday! I’m a young, first-time applicant so I’m excited to know that I am headed to PA school no matter what. Please reach out if you have any advice or questions that I may be able to answer. Best of luck to all applicants! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Irvinh said:

I received my acceptance call on Friday! I’m a young, first-time applicant so I’m excited to know that I am headed to PA school no matter what. Please reach out if you have any advice or questions that I may be able to answer. Best of luck to all applicants! 

congratulations, @Irvinh !!! That is definitely something to be proud of and I wish you the best!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, Irvinh said:

Congratulations, when were you CASPA verified if you don't mind me asking? Just curious if they're reviewing candidates in the order in which they were received on CASPA. You should be so proud!!!

1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

Congratulations, when were you CASPA verified if you don't mind me asking? Just curious if they're reviewing candidates in the order in which they were received on CASPA. You should be so proud!!!

Submitted 5/15, verified 5/18. I was thankful to get an early interview date, thank you! 

I’m not sure, I’d this helps, but I submitted CASPA 05/29/20, was CASPA verified 06/02/20, received request for one of my recommendations 06/02/20 (I didn’t expect to be verified that fast so I submitted app prior to receiving last evaluation, but I think he sent it in that afternoon 06/02/20), invitation to interview 06/05/20, interviewed 06/19/20, and staying hopeful for a call back soon 😃

3 hours ago, kstew said:

I’m not sure, I’d this helps, but I submitted CASPA 05/29/20, was CASPA verified 06/02/20, received request for one of my recommendations 06/02/20 (I didn’t expect to be verified that fast so I submitted app prior to receiving last evaluation, but I think he sent it in that afternoon 06/02/20), invitation to interview 06/05/20, interviewed 06/19/20, and staying hopeful for a call back soon 😃

I interviewed 6/19 as well. Wondering when I will hear back one way or the other. It appears others have got their acceptance. Any idea when we are supposed to hear?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kstew said:

Theoretically this trend makes sense, people who have gotten a call were submitted and verified very early, so the school may be reviewing in the order in which they were received. This would be consistent with rolling admissions. I was verified 5/27 and interviewed 6/18 so I remain optimistically hopeful for the future, regardless I wish everyone the very best of luck!

• Like 1