2020-2021 NGU Cycle

3 hours ago, AlyEstes said:

Also got an interview invite for Zoom on Thursday June 18th on Zoom! I have no idea what to expect for this Zoom call (group session, essay, one on one?)

Hey just curious, is your interview 9am-11am? I read in the past they have held MMI/group interviews. Wondering if that will continue with the change to the Zoom format. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

On 6/4/2020 at 4:42 PM, Lilithxp said:

I was also just invited to interview on June 18th via zoom! Super excited and terrified 🙂 ! 

Hey same question as above, is your interview 9am-11am? I read in the past they have held MMI/group interviews. Wondering if that will continue with the change to the Zoom format. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

11 hours ago, sc215266 said:

Hey same question as above, is your interview 9am-11am? I read in the past they have held MMI/group interviews. Wondering if that will continue with the change to the Zoom format. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

Hey, yeah mine will be at 9-11am as well so probably a group component, I am also curious if they will still try to do the MMI format? but how would that go since we will all be in meeting and will hear the prompt? 

1 hour ago, Lilithxp said:

Hey, yeah mine will be at 9-11am as well so probably a group component, I am also curious if they will still try to do the MMI format? but how would that go since we will all be in meeting and will hear the prompt? 

Was thinking the same thing! I began to review MMI interview format in the PA Interview Guide by Savannah Perry and some of those questions get quite abstract. I heard there was an essay component and a critical thinking activity in the past, given the two hour time frame I'm not sure how much they can incorporate. Best of luck to you!

5 hours ago, sc215266 said:

Was thinking the same thing! I began to review MMI interview format in the PA Interview Guide by Savannah Perry and some of those questions get quite abstract. I heard there was an essay component and a critical thinking activity in the past, given the two hour time frame I'm not sure how much they can incorporate. Best of luck to you!

did you receive the email with your assigned time? mine is from 9-9:45am with 3 students and 2 faculty. Does this mean we only really get about <15 min each to talk and ask questions? 

Edited by Lilithxp

I got the same timeslot, perhaps we'll be together! I'll direct message you for details based on which professor.

in general I believe they are group interviews, as opposed to 1:1 interviews. I imagine each person is speaking about their personal experiences and chiming in on one another's response.

This may be a silly question, but do you guys think it is okay to apply to this program if you're not religious?

Absolutely. It’s a non issue. I graduated from here and while I myself identify as a Christian, the program itself was separate from the rest of the school and religion was not discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, Lilithxp said:

did you receive the email with your assigned time? mine is from 9-9:45am with 3 students and 2 faculty. Does this mean we only really get about <15 min each to talk and ask questions? 

Which professors are you interviewing with? I'm the same time!

Edited by AlyEstes
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, sc215266 said:

Hey just curious, is your interview 9am-11am? I read in the past they have held MMI/group interviews. Wondering if that will continue with the change to the Zoom format. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

Yes mine is 9-9:45! What professors are you interviewing with? No idea how this is going to work with 45 minutes between the 3 people