University of Nevada, Reno 2020-2021 Cycle

7 minutes ago, taylorfelix said:

When is your interview date? Thanks for sharing with us that you've been invited! Now we will all be on the lookout 🙂 good luck to you, it's an exciting moment!

Thank you so much! It feels silly to get so excited when I haven't even interviewed or gotten an acceptance yet, but everyone here understands how important it is to just get an invite! Finally someone recognizes all my hard work 🙂 

My interview is on September 12th with a "welcome zoom" on the 10th. If anyone else ends up in this group please let me know! It would be fun to get to know some of you beforehand, and then maybe end up in the same class 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Nomnia said:

Wow! That’s a huge step. 
keep us posted! I really appreciate the update. I hope to be in this class as well. I absolutely understand how exciting it must be!
Hopefully, I will personally know soon. 🤞🏻

thanks again- 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! It's such an exciting time for all of us. The Pre-PA journey is such a crazy ride. 

6 hours ago, Ocush said:

I submitted July 6th, verified about a week later.

I live in the South Lake Tahoe area just over on the California side. I have a history of living, working, and volunteering in Nevada with a desire to live there permanently once I am through with school.

Congrats! How exciting. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure. 
My application took a sudden turn.
Sent June verified same week. I received an email from UNR, I needed a chem class. 

I finished the class and my transcript posted Aug 9th. It has been sent to caspa, I’m waiting for it to arrive. (This waiting is awful) 

So my next step is the transcript getting there in time. I’m not sure it will, and it’s awful. 

Background,

Born and raised in Carson City. Graduated from UNR. Currently work in Carson, but live in south Reno. (Moved one month ago)  I also have two kiddos. 

As I said, everything depends on this transcript. Please send luck. lol 

13 hours ago, Soontobepagirl said:

Congrats! How exciting. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure thing. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the GPA's from CASPA correctly, but here we go.

Undergrad GPA 3.67

Edit* Degree is Environmental Conservation and Sustainability

Undergrad science 3.76

Post Bacc GPA 4.00

PCE about 7300 as an EMT, ER Tech, and Rehab Tech

Volunteer 960 

Teaching 1400

Research 1050

Signed up to take Ochem and cell/molecular bio starting in a few weeks.

**I have tried so hard to stop comparing myself to others. Everyone's stats are a little (or a lot) different, and I used to feel so crummy looking at the experiences that others have. All we can do is keep doing our best!

Edited by Ocush
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 7:39 PM, Nomnia said:

Sure. 
My application took a sudden turn.
Sent June verified same week. I received an email from UNR, I needed a chem class. 

I finished the class and my transcript posted Aug 9th. It has been sent to caspa, I’m waiting for it to arrive. (This waiting is awful) 

So my next step is the transcript getting there in time. I’m not sure it will, and it’s awful. 

Background,

Born and raised in Carson City. Graduated from UNR. Currently work in Carson, but live in south Reno. (Moved one month ago)  I also have two kiddos. 

As I said, everything depends on this transcript. Please send luck. lol 

Good luck!! Sounds like you'd be perfect for their program since it's your alma mater! I'm nervous because I'm not from Nevada, but still crossing my fingers. 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ocush said:

Thank you so much! It feels silly to get so excited when I haven't even interviewed or gotten an acceptance yet, but everyone here understands how important it is to just get an invite! Finally someone recognizes all my hard work 🙂 

My interview is on September 12th with a "welcome zoom" on the 10th. If anyone else ends up in this group please let me know! It would be fun to get to know some of you beforehand, and then maybe end up in the same class 🙂 

Do you have to get invited to the subsequent interviews? Or you automatically go to all?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...