Jump to content

Touro Nevada 2020-2021 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, sorry. I got the call from Dr Tobin Thursday 9/24 and was so excited that I posted right away on here. I quickly deleted the post as I wanted to wait until I got the official email, which ca

I got my acceptance email today too! Completely speechless!

I received an acceptance email today, but no prior phone call. Good luck to the rest of you! Hope to see you in July!

Beyond ecstatic to have received an interview invite from Touro! For those of you who feel like you may not be the most impressive applicant on paper, I empathize with that feeling & truly believe that the program reviews applicants holistically. There is much more to every individual than merely GPA 🙂 Hope to meet some of you during the 10/15, PM sesh! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AspPed said:

Beyond ecstatic to have received an interview invite from Touro! For those of you who feel like you may not be the most impressive applicant on paper, I empathize with that feeling & truly believe that the program reviews applicants holistically. There is much more to every individual than merely GPA 🙂 Hope to meet some of you during the 10/15, PM sesh! 🙂

Did you receive the invitation today? When did you apply?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tammyrins said:

This might be a silly question but do you guys wear formal pants for your zoom interviews?... or can I just dress presentable up top only 😅

Tbh I dressed appropriately up top and wore sweatpants 🤣 I just felt more comfortable like that and it helped make the interview less intimidating, so I was able to be myself!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tammyrins said:

This might be a silly question but do you guys wear formal pants for your zoom interviews?... or can I just dress presentable up top only 😅

I wore professional up top and whatever bottoms. In the morning I had a blanket on my lap and in the afternoon I had shorts on because my house gets hot

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tammyrins said:

This might be a silly question but do you guys wear formal pants for your zoom interviews?... or can I just dress presentable up top only 😅

Haha love it. I wore professional top and bottoms in the off chance we had to stand up. I wore slippers and had a blanket on my lap as well though so I was still comfortable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after looking at the schedule for the interview process, I can see it's a MMI format. But from everything I understand of a MMI isn't that supposed to be stationed based?

I guess my question is for those that have interviewed already what was that like? Obviously if you're allowed to tell me. Cause I'm reading the how to ace a PA interview book and the MMI portion seems intense and idk how it would work on Zoom. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Raltrich,

 

I will be interviewing on 10/21 at 1:00 PM. I have had a few other interviews this cycle and two of them have been MMI's. To speak a bit on the zoom platform, it feels a lot different than doing it in-person. It is very difficult to stand-out and display your personality, so if I had any advice it would be to ensure you feel comfortable in front of a webcam and to be familiar with zoom prior to the interview. Lighting and sound are two key factors that can help improve your presence over zoom

Most programs utilize breakout rooms and will more often than not do all the maneuvering themselves, so it shouldn't be too difficult to follow. In my experience I have had both multiple staff members and, on occasion, multiple applicants in the same breakout room with me. I would be prepared for both and consider some ways to allow others time, while making room for yourself as well (again, difficult to do over zoom).

It is definitely more difficult than being in person but the programs do a good job of sticking to the schedule and allowing time technical difficulties. Overall I had very good experiences that were easy to follow.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest HoneyBadger555

Hey all - I interviewed in August and am passed the 8 week mark. I’m wondering if anyone has called the program to check on their status. Good idea? Bad idea? I don’t want to be pushy but I also need to plan my life and Touro is one of my top choices. Thanks in advance! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, thanks for your replies.  Glad to know I'm not the only one who's waiting....although it seems there are quite a few of us in a tough situation.  I think they specifically told us that they cannot respond to questions about our status, so I haven't tried calling or emailing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

Hey all - I interviewed in August and am passed the 8 week mark. I’m wondering if anyone has called the program to check on their status. Good idea? Bad idea? I don’t want to be pushy but I also need to plan my life and Touro is one of my top choices. Thanks in advance! 

Hi! I interviewed yesterday 10/21, and Dr. Tobin and Marsha let us know that we were the last interview group. For us, they mentioned decisions are typically released within 6-8 weeks but will likely be shorter since we were the last interview group. It sounds like they're wrapping up and final decisions will be out soon. I'm thinking we'll hear by early to mid-November based off of last year's timeline.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoneyBadger555 said:

Hey all - I interviewed in August and am passed the 8 week mark. I’m wondering if anyone has called the program to check on their status. Good idea? Bad idea? I don’t want to be pushy but I also need to plan my life and Touro is one of my top choices. Thanks in advance! 

I emailed them about the 8 week deadlines they've set for themselves. She will just respond to your email saying to wait a few weeks longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 11:33 AM, MelPA said:

Hi! I interviewed yesterday 10/21, and Dr. Tobin and Marsha let us know that we were the last interview group. For us, they mentioned decisions are typically released within 6-8 weeks but will likely be shorter since we were the last interview group. It sounds like they're wrapping up and final decisions will be out soon. I'm thinking we'll hear by early to mid-November based off of last year's timeline.

Oh boy! Does that mean everyone else who has not heard back for an interview will be rejected soon?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there were disadvantages to interviewing later? Mine was 10/15, and still waiting.. Thinking they'll probably get back by mid-late November as said before, but just getting very nervous spots are filling up. This is my top choice and felt my interview went well, so hoping for the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More