Touro Nevada 2020-2021 Application Cycle

41 minutes ago, joanne101095 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

of course

cGPA: 3.74

prereqGPA: 3.51

scienceGPA: 3.75

hours: >2500 (i am not sure exactly how much I had put in my CASPA)

GRE: math: 160 verbal: 152 written: 4

edit: also my last 60 credits was a 3.9

Edited by Jess07
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jess07 said:

@kbellherg I am glad your interview went well! I am interviewing 9/24! How long did your interview last? I know the time slot is for several hours, was it really that long?

My interview really went that long and there was a ton of information. The actual interview part wasn't long but they go over a lot of financial aid and student resources with different speakers from the different programs!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kbellherg said:

My interview really went that long and there was a ton of information. The actual interview part wasn't long but they go over a lot of financial aid and student resources with different speakers from the different programs!

Oh okay! Thank you so much for the insight. I was like wow that's a long time to be interviewing someone over zoom lol. If you don't mind me asking, how was the format? Was it 1 v 1, a group interview, or multiple faculty v you? 

9 hours ago, Jess07 said:

Oh okay! Thank you so much for the insight. I was like wow that's a long time to be interviewing someone over zoom lol. If you don't mind me asking, how was the format? Was it 1 v 1, a group interview, or multiple faculty v you? 

Its kinda like an MMI-format. It really doesn't feel all that bad honestly. I've heard horror stories about the format before, but I think it actually suits Zoom/video interviews. We had a group interview that was slightly intimidating, but once you get the nerves out it feels pretty normal. You can also draw from your colleagues experiences to help you answer your question. If you say "like candidate-A, i did X but also Y", it shows that your listening and how you have things in common. Just my two-cents! I was impressed with how quickly people picked up on that.

Edited by DMahan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Next week will be the 8th week since I submitted my supplemental with no response, should I make contact with admissions?

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m just assuming they’re still processing applications. I’m speaking for myself and not for you, but I don’t think my application was as competitive as others they’re probably looking at first, but still competitive enough to not be rejected? Not sure. Still have hope though!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcbmcbmcb said:

I’m in the same boat. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m just assuming they’re still processing applications. I’m speaking for myself and not for you, but I don’t think my application was as competitive as others they’re probably looking at first, but still competitive enough to not be rejected? Not sure. Still have hope though!

I feel that way too. That would make sense since I've seen people who've submitted after me receive a rejection letter. We're still in it until a rejection is given 🙂

Guest HoneyBadger555
8 minutes ago, mcbmcbmcb said:

Do they typically call for interviews or email? I've been getting random numbers calling me, but none of them leave voicemails so I'm just wondering!

Mine was email 👍🏼