Jump to content

Touro Nevada 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

Do you guys mind sharing your stats that received interview invites?

My GPA is low so I’m pretty ecstatic.
sGPA 3.03, cGPA 3.4. GRE 315, 5.0. 2000PCE between scribe in ER and MA in urgent care. 3800 volunteer hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, michyy said:

Do you guys mind sharing your stats that received interview invites?

I just received an invite as well, I am BEYOND excited, this is one of my top school choices!! I am over the moon.

sGPA 3.74, cGPA 3.84, GRE 319, 1500 PCE as an acute care CNA and 2000+ research hours as a necropsy technician 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have not received my supplemental yet, do you guys know if everyone gets it or only some people?

From my spreadsheet, I have that touro sends supplements “by invitation only” so i don’t think everyone gets it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received interview invite! 

cGPA: 3.52

sGPA 3.42

GRE 321

Writing: 4.0

PCE 1500+ ER tech and HCE 1700 Pharm. Tech.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an interview invite this morning!!

cGPA: 3.49

sGPA: 3.35

GRE: 316, 5.0

PCE: ~2800 as a CNA at a SNF & PCA on Ortho and Gen Med/Surg unit

HCE: ~360 as a volunteer MA at a pediatric clinic

Research: ~1000

Shadowing: 80 with physicians, 50 with PAs in different specialties including some virtual shadowing during the rona

Edited by kentuckycriedfricken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SteveR501

Got an interview invite this morning!

 

cGPA: 3.36

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 315

Writing: 4.0

PCE: 7200 hours as EKG Tech/Holter Scanner

Shadowing: Only 3 official hours shadowing an Internal Medicine PA

 

Good luck, all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really believe this program looks at applicants holistically as I had a strong upward trend (4.0 GPA last 62 credits) and a powerful personal statement. My stats were: 3.20 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA, ~3,500 PCE as an ER tech/EMT/Urgent care tech/Phleb, 319 GRE, ~150 hours PA shadowing, 4 LOR from 2 MD, 1 PA, 1 PhD professor in Clinical Hematology. Hope that this may help someone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invited to schedule a zoom interview (Due to COVID-19: 7/22/20

I signed up for interview for 9/2/20

Best of luck to all! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, michyy said:

Do you guys mind sharing your stats that received interview invites?

Applied 6/23, verified 6/28, supplemental given 6/30, supplemental submitted 7/1, interview invite 7/23.

----

Bachelors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Masters in Microbiology and Cell Science

GPA 3.8

sGPA 3.78

GRE 164Q/164V/6AWA

PCE ; ~1400hrs as a hemodialysis PCT at time of app (phlebotomy, lab processing, collecting vitals, patient charting, etc)

Research: ~7000 hours in immunology and biochemistry research labs, 1 publication

Community service: 300ish hours; kid's karate teacher and ESL teacher at a women's homeless shelter

Shadowing: 20 hours; 16 in an orthopedic surgical unit, 4 online w/ a spinal surgery PA

Other notes: 1st time applicant, graduated college in 3 years, from a MUA, worked throughout undergrad and grad school, career changer/nontrad, some prereqs done online at a community college (A&P). LOR from an RN, a community college professor, and a PA I shadowed with (no other strong recent connections).

---

I have been told that Touro picks out applicants that stand out in at least one way, whether it be academics, patient care experience, community service, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems like the most obvious consistent factor (so far) among the people who have posted stats is a high GRE score, >315


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dyang1109 said:

it seems like the most obvious consistent factor (so far) among the people who have posted stats is a high GRE score, >315


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, 

I got invited for an interview on 7/23/2020 with a GRE score of 307 🙂 . I think they are very holistic in their selection process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, definitely agree! i was just trying to see if there was a trend. i’m sorry, i didn’t mean to offend anyone about the GRE score!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dyang1109 said:

yes, definitely agree! i was just trying to see if there was a trend. i’m sorry, i didn’t mean to offend anyone about the GRE score!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no you absolutely didn't offend me. You're good 🙂  Just excited to have got an interview! I'm happy for everyone else who did too!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, do you mind sharing how long it took you guys to receive your supplemental application? My CASPA was verified on Monday and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PAndrew said:

Hey, do you mind sharing how long it took you guys to receive your supplemental application? My CASPA was verified on Monday and I haven't heard anything back yet.

I submitted my CASPA on June 3rd and received my supplemental application on June 9th. Not sure how typical that timeline is but hopefully that eases your worries a little bit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SteveR501
On 7/30/2020 at 1:06 PM, PAndrew said:

Hey, do you mind sharing how long it took you guys to receive your supplemental application? My CASPA was verified on Monday and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Submitted 6/22

Verified 6/29

Received Supplemental 6/30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YESSIR! 

Got my first interview invite today! 

cGPA: 3.15
sGPA: 3.2
last 60 units: 3.97
PCE: 5000 hours (1000 PT aide/4000 scribe/ and roughly 200 as an ER tech)
GRE: 314

Edited by DTHAI
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YESSIR! 

Got my first interview invite today! 

cGPA: 3.15
sGPA: 3.2
last 60 units: 3.97
PCE: 5000 hours (1000 PT aide/4000 scribe/ and roughly 200 as an ER tech)

Congrats!! I’m still waiting on rejection/invite...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so excited I just got an interview! I applied on caspa 6/25, submitted supplemental 6/30, and just got an invite today to interview in September 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted and was verified on Caspa on 7/29 and haven’t heard anything back from this school that they’ve received my app. Is this normal for this school or should I contact admissions? I’m nervously checking my email every hour, wanting to make sure they have received it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email confirming my supplemental admission application was submitted (8/4) and now under review, but I submitted it 7/15. Not sure if it was just backed up since it's a busier time period. Did anyone else receive an email like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted CASPA on 5/24/20 and submitted supplemental on 6/23/20.

I received this email below immediately after submitting my payment for the supplemental application.

Thank you for submitting your application to School of Physician Assistant Studies, Summer 2021 (Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies). We hereby acknowledge receipt. Please note that you will receive status communications via your application account; posted messages and emails about your application and supporting documents such as receipt of official transcripts, essays, recommendations, tests scores (if applicable), supplemental applications where required and other program specific requirements listed in the instructions or checklist on your choice program Webpage.

When all of your documents are received and your application is complete you will be notified and based on your program, you may be invited for an interview by the admissions committee before a decision is made on your application. A Touro ID number shall be assigned and communicated to you.

I haven't received a confirmation email stating that my application is complete. Anybody else? Has anyone emailed their admissions team regarding their application status?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jlhuy260 said:

Submitted CASPA on 5/24/20 and submitted supplemental on 6/23/20.

I received this email below immediately after submitting my payment for the supplemental application.

Thank you for submitting your application to School of Physician Assistant Studies, Summer 2021 (Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies). We hereby acknowledge receipt. Please note that you will receive status communications via your application account; posted messages and emails about your application and supporting documents such as receipt of official transcripts, essays, recommendations, tests scores (if applicable), supplemental applications where required and other program specific requirements listed in the instructions or checklist on your choice program Webpage.

When all of your documents are received and your application is complete you will be notified and based on your program, you may be invited for an interview by the admissions committee before a decision is made on your application. A Touro ID number shall be assigned and communicated to you.

I haven't received a confirmation email stating that my application is complete. Anybody else? Has anyone emailed their admissions team regarding their application status?

I submitted my supplemented app on 7/1/20 and received an email indicating my application was under review on 7/9/20. 

Edited by mpark21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More