Touro Nevada 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 4:21 PM, caseyeee said:

Does anyone know if there is a group on Facebook or somewhere else to connect with incoming students yet? I’ll be moving from Michigan and am looking to find a roommate. Thanks! 

Hey everyone  🙂 I just made a facebook group for students who were accepted this cycle

www.facebook.com/groups/472071177142159

I'll likely delete it after Touro makes the official group, but in the meantime... looking forward to meeting you all!

20 hours ago, hannahkris said:

Nope. I got an email to join the MHS information session in February as a back-up, so thinking that’s bad news 😕 Didn’t get into any schools this cycle so already preparing to reapply.

Well they keep saying they accept people all the way up to July, but there is no way that I could wait that long. I do know though, that going for the MHS does provide you a guaranteed slot for PA interview so it might be worth looking into if you are struggling getting interviews/acceptances. Either way good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Raltrich said:

Well they keep saying they accept people all the way up to July, but there is no way that I could wait that long. I do know though, that going for the MHS does provide you a guaranteed slot for PA interview so it might be worth looking into if you are struggling getting interviews/acceptances. Either way good luck. 

Yeah, I've done my research on MHS, just debating if it's worth it because it only guarantees an interview for Touro and not other schools. Also its more-so for people that need to strengthen in things like GPA, and my weakness is my PCE hours. Most likely will attend the information session to see. 

At least you know you're secured in a spot at a different program already, so I wouldn't be too stuck on Touro if I were you 🙂

7 minutes ago, hannahkris said:

Yeah, I've done my research on MHS, just debating if it's worth it because it only guarantees an interview for Touro and not other schools. Also its more-so for people that need to strengthen in things like GPA, and my weakness is my PCE hours. Most likely will attend the information session to see. 

At least you know you're secured in a spot at a different program already, so I wouldn't be too stuck on Touro if I were you 🙂

Yea I'm not trying to be selfish, especially since I did get a slot somewhere else. It honestly just comes down to a preference at this point. Between location, length of program, type of curriculum and cost I'd rather go to Touro if offered the shot. But either way unless I hear something in the next few weeks, I'm just going to have to call it a loss.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Is there an open link to the MHS info session tonight or did we have to RSVP in time to get a link? I got the email about it in Jan but I don't remember if I RSVP'd. I'm clicking on the RSVP form link in the email but it's closed and the title is for the MHS info session on Wednesday 10/28.

23 minutes ago, Linda said:

Hi! Is there an open link to the MHS info session tonight or did we have to RSVP in time to get a link? I got the email about it in Jan but I don't remember if I RSVP'd. I'm clicking on the RSVP form link in the email but it's closed and the title is for the MHS info session on Wednesday 10/28.

We had to RSVP to get the link, but they postponed the session to March 17th!

20 minutes ago, Raltrich said:

I wonder how many of us are left on the list? 

Same. Marsha mentioned 192 interviewed (during the open house), 80 originally accepted.. leaving 112, not including people who declined. Not sure if they offered waitlist positions to everyone or narrowed it down, because that's quite a large group.

Edited by hannahkris