Colorado Mesa 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, Meco16 said:

Awesome, thanks! Did you answer the call or did they leave a voice mail?

They did not leave a voice mail. I actually missed their first call thinking they were telemarketers, second call around 1 while I was in an appointment, and then I called them back and left a voice mail because I recognized the name as being one of my interviewers. I finally actually talked to them right before 5 that evening. Needless to say I was a wreck that day...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meco16 said:

Awesome, thanks! Did you answer the call or did they leave a voice mail? Just thinking best case scenario for me and timeliness that you guys heard... I interviewed on 7/9 and I often am unable to reach my phone due to work. Would hate to miss that kind of call if I'm lucky enough, but hoping they would leave a message. 

I was at work when they called and the program director left me a voicemail asking me to call them back around 11 am. Hopefully you hear good news soon! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

Out of the people that have received an interview, do you all have a connection to western Colorado? I grew up near Denver... So I'm thinking this will be a deal breaker for them. 

I currently live in Denver. Not sure if it is or not, but we spoke to two of their current students in the class and one was from Denver and the other one was from out of state.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, KaiteKakes said:

Out of the people that have received an interview, do you all have a connection to western Colorado? I grew up near Denver... So I'm thinking this will be a deal breaker for them. 

I think it might depend on your stats too. I was accepted and I have a good connection to the western slope. I don’t live in the area tho. 

On 7/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, KaiteKakes said:

I don't have any connection to Colorado I have never even been there. I even stated this in one of the questions on CASPA...might be a deal breaker but oh well. Got an interview 7/30/2020 via Zoom

4 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

Oh jeez... Well congrats! Maybe I should start preparing just encase... Any chance you can share your stats? Or DM me? 

Sure!

Just a little about me

I majored in biology. Took many upper level science classes my last 2 years trying to make up for a dip in my GPA after my mother passed away freshman year (breast cancer). I was a 2 sport college athlete and worked 2 jobs through out my undergrad.

Cumulative GPA: 3.52

Science GPA: 3.55

Last 60: about 3.6(if i remember correctly)

HCE: more than 4000 hours scribing in many different settings/specialties but majority in family practice and urgent care. I also am currently a trainer for my company. 

Shadowing: about 30 hours in oncology. 

Volunteer: only through my sports and some volunteering in high school in my mom's classroom (she taught special education)

My application lacks in the volunteer area because I did not have much time between sports, school. and work. But I have been trying to rack up HCE due to this. I had scheduled Ortho shadowing but then COVID. 

hope this helps!

4 hours ago, Mariahdawn said:

Sure!

Just a little about me

I majored in biology. Took many upper level science classes my last 2 years trying to make up for a dip in my GPA after my mother passed away freshman year (breast cancer). I was a 2 sport college athlete and worked 2 jobs through out my undergrad.

Cumulative GPA: 3.52

Science GPA: 3.55

Last 60: about 3.6(if i remember correctly)

HCE: more than 4000 hours scribing in many different settings/specialties but majority in family practice and urgent care. I also am currently a trainer for my company. 

Shadowing: about 30 hours in oncology. 

Volunteer: only through my sports and some volunteering in high school in my mom's classroom (she taught special education)

My application lacks in the volunteer area because I did not have much time between sports, school. and work. But I have been trying to rack up HCE due to this. I had scheduled Ortho shadowing but then COVID. 

hope this helps!

Awesome thank you! I'm pretty similar numbers-wise, so hoping for the best! 

17 hours ago, Mlopes21 said:

Has anyone who got verified in July gotten an interview yet?

I was verified July 5th and have not heard anything. I reached out to them last week to see if they were still offering interviews, and they said "The Admissions team is currently reviewing applications and scheduling interviews as needed." Whatever that means... Still hoping for good news! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2020 at 12:55 PM, SaschaRochelle said:

I got verified 6/29 states that it could take several weeks to review, but have not heard anything from them again and getting nervous since people are getting interview/acceptances! Is there any point to reaching out to them, I've heard of people getting ghosted by schools before!

Yeah I really don't know what to think at this point... I submitted about a week after you. They also say they'll let you know if you are passed over for an interview, but idk when that will happen... months?