Colorado Mesa 2020-2021

2 hours ago, goosecharger said:

Hi All!

Congrats to those that have been accepted or received interview invites!! Just curious to see if anyone that was verified by CMU around June 15th has heard anything back yet? I'm religiously checking my email/spam. 

Thanks!

I was verified this exact same date and am trying not to lose faith! I haven't heard anything other than they have received everything the following day after my app was verified. 

6 minutes ago, jPAula said:

I was verified this exact same date and am trying not to lose faith! I haven't heard anything other than they have received everything the following day after my app was verified. 

Sounds like we are in the same boat! Fingers crossed! It’s still early so I have faith and think they must be getting ready for the next round. Best of luck!!

Just now, goosecharger said:

Sounds like we are in the same boat! Fingers crossed! It’s still early so I have faith and think they must be getting ready for the next round. Best of luck!!

Do you live in Colorado? Western slope? Best of luck to you as well and I'll let you know if I hear anything one way or another! 

Guest wildalaska

I was verified on May 11th and have not heard anything... fortunately, I have been accepted to another program this cycle, but CMU was in my top 5! I live on the Front Range, however, so I think I might not be a first look if there are Western slope applicants! Best of luck all, fingers crossed we hear back soon!

Edited by wildalaska

1 minute ago, wildalaska said:

I was verified on May 11th and have not heard anything... fortunately, I have been accepted to another program this cycle, but CMU was in my top 5! I live on the Front Range, however, so I think I might not be a first look if there are Western slope applicants! Best of luck all, fingers crossed we heard back soon!

Congrats on an acceptance! Where to? Are you trying to stay in Colorado?

Guest wildalaska
1 minute ago, jPAula said:

Congrats on an acceptance! Where to? Are you trying to stay in Colorado?

Thanks! I was accepted at South University in Savannah, GA. I actually only applied to CMU as far as CO programs go, I'm looking for a change in scenery!

5 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Thanks! I was accepted at South University in Savannah, GA. I actually only applied to CMU as far as CO programs go, I'm looking for a change in scenery!

Congrats! Savannah is pretty cool and the fact that you were accepted somewhere already is even cooler! 

On 7/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, EmC2297 said:

Hi everyone! For those who’ve been accepted for the 20-21 cycle, would you mind sharing your stats?? Specifically the prereq GPA, HCE, and volunteer hours? What do you think made you a good candidate??

Science GPA: 3.64, 4,000 hours HCE, was 200 shadowing and 300 volunteer and I’m very fortunate to be a good writer so I think my essay got me an interview honestly. However, in all honesty I got 5 interviews last year and 0 acceptance.  I had some delusion that I could walk into an interview and wing it with no prep and that method failed me 5 times. This year I read all of savannah Perry’s prep material for interviews, did a mock interview through her, did a mock interview with a doc and my friends. And got accepted my first interview. So I think being a second time applicant helped and I killed the interview. Preparation and persistence is the best advice I can give you. Keep fighting for your dreams, if it was easy everyone would do it 

Edited by Emilyrae
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, Emilyrae said:

Science GPA: 3.64, 4,000 hours HCE, was 200 shadowing and 300 volunteer and I’m very fortunate to be a good writer so I think my essay got me an interview honestly. However, in all honesty I got 5 interviews last year and 0 acceptance.  I had some delusion that I could walk into an interview and wing it with no prep and that method failed me 5 times. This year I read all of savannah Perry’s prep material for interviews, did a mock interview through her, did a mock interview with a doc and my friends. And got accepted my first interview. So I think being a second time applicant helped and I killed the interview. Preparation and persistence is the best advice I can give you. Keep fighting for your dreams, if it was easy everyone would do it 

Thank you so much for sharing! Great tips! 

2 minutes ago, shockdropnroll said:

I was called on Wednesday in the morning I think around 10 am and emailed on Friday afternoon. 

Awesome, thanks! Did you answer the call or did they leave a voice mail? Just thinking best case scenario for me and timeliness that you guys heard... I interviewed on 7/9 and I often am unable to reach my phone due to work. Would hate to miss that kind of call if I'm lucky enough, but hoping they would leave a message.