2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 10/30/2020 at 10:59 AM, iceskater99 said:

Hey guys! I'm interviewing with MUSC tomorrow. Can anyone who has interviewed this cycle share the general structure of the interview? Thanks!

I haven’t interviewed yet but I heard in previous years it was MMI. Did they send out any additional info closer to your interview date? 

On 10/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, vanessavarbanova said:

This is my top school so I’m feeling really discouraged and anxious. Anyone who got an interview mind sharing their stats?

In my experience applying this cycle, stats just help programs decide if you could handle the rigor of the program, but they are much more interested in your personal statement/how you write about your experiences! My stats were 3.87 GPA, 317 GRE, and 1,100 PCE, but people get interviews/get accepted with far higher and far lower stats. The interview dates go through Nov 21st, so don't give up hope yet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LaurenGreen said:

Did anyone that has already interviewed receive any information from MUSC before your interview? I have mine Saturday and I am just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks!

No, they don’t send any information but just try to relax! They did a great job of calming nerves and I really enjoyed the interview day 🙂 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, Ljb0698 said:

Hi everyone! I submitted back on 8/17 and was just wondering if I haven't been contacted yet I will be just getting a rejection. Should I reach out to the admissions to see the status of my application?

Their interviews go through Nov. 21st, and others have said they've gotten last minute invites, so don't give up hope yet! I would wait to give them a call until after Thanksgiving.

Wanted to ask-- I applied back in June and still have not heard anything. I know all of the interview slots are taken... have they sent out rejection emails yet? Wondering why I haven't heard back if they have already sent out all the interview invitations and potentially rejection emails. Thanks in advance!! 

4 hours ago, TaylorS3 said:

Wanted to ask-- I applied back in June and still have not heard anything. I know all of the interview slots are taken... have they sent out rejection emails yet? Wondering why I haven't heard back if they have already sent out all the interview invitations and potentially rejection emails. Thanks in advance!! 

People could still give up their interview spots and admissions would likely extend it to someone else that has not heard back yet. 

• 2 weeks later...