2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, J3dasilva said:

Anyone else send in their supplemental today? If anyone has applied here before, how long did you hear anything after? Good luck!

I submitted mine today as well! I am a first time applicant but I saw that a student received an interview invite within days of submitting on July 1st last cycle. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, J3dasilva said:

Anyone else send in their supplemental today? If anyone has applied here before, how long did you hear anything after? Good luck!

Hi! I applied last year and was waitlisted. I applied at the end of August and did not hear back from them until the end of September. They only held 4 interview days with morning and afternoon sessions. As far as I know, they are not rolling admissions, so it might take awhile before you receive an interview invite!

On 7/1/2020 at 9:11 PM, Carol19 said:

I submitted mine today as well! I am a first time applicant but I saw that a student received an interview invite within days of submitting on July 1st last cycle. 

I saw that too! I am intrigued to see if the same will happen this cycle. Good luck!

On 7/3/2020 at 8:34 AM, eluch15 said:

Hi! I applied last year and was waitlisted. I applied at the end of August and did not hear back from them until the end of September. They only held 4 interview days with morning and afternoon sessions. As far as I know, they are not rolling admissions, so it might take awhile before you receive an interview invite!

How was their interview process?

8 hours ago, J3dasilva said:

How was their interview process?

They had a presentation, tour, Q&A, essay (15 mins), group activity and MMI style interviews. For the MMI, you had timed one on one interviews with faculty and then a timed scenario! Definitely an extensive interview process, but their faculty was very friendly and welcoming which is why I am reapplying! 

Edited by eluch15

10 hours ago, eluch15 said:

They had a presentation, tour, Q&A, essay (15 mins), group activity and MMI style interviews. For the MMI, you had timed one on one interviews with faculty and then a timed scenario! Definitely an extensive interview process, but their faculty was very friendly and welcoming which is why I am reapplying! 

Did they give you any feedback about why they waitlisted you? I had a school give me some pretty lame feedback for a waitlist so I am hoping it was just that one program.

12 hours ago, J3dasilva said:

Did they give you any feedback about why they waitlisted you? I had a school give me some pretty lame feedback for a waitlist so I am hoping it was just that one program.

Unfortunately, they did not tell me anything specific. They score each applicant on their performance, so my guess is that  I just didn't score high enough on their rubric to get accepted. 

7 minutes ago, J3dasilva said:

Anyone else get the GRE/PA-CAT email? I read it really fast and thought it was saying we had to take both 😅

Has anyone taken the PA-CAT? I'm kind of intrigued to take it, I feel like I would do better than the GRE.

I did the same thing!! Freaked me out. But at this point I feel like I wouldn’t have enough time to prepare, so I’m just hoping they don’t give preference to it over the GRE. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nsbiosands said:

If you don’t mind me asking when did you apply? I didn’t get that email yet!

Yeah of course! I submitted my CASPA application on 7/13 and it was verified 7/17, submitted my MUSC supplemental app on 7/13. I received an email from MUSC saying it was “completed” on 7/20. 

• 3 weeks later...