On 7/29/2020 at 11:28 AM, secondroundbestround said:

To those offered an interview, mind sharing your stats and or application timeline?

I don’t remember when I submitted my application; early this summer. Received interview email 2 weeks ago.

total GPA: 3.01

post-Bacc GPA: 3.89

clinical hours: 16, 000+ OBGYN medical assistant

Good luck everyone

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zag263 said:

You got accepted into the program right after your interview? How was the interview process?

Yes, they were super speedy! They told us the committee would be meeting this afternoon and they weren't kidding!

The interview was MMI style. You just stay in the "zoom room" while different faculty members rotate in and out of your room. I think they did a great job at making the process as smooth as possible, considering this is the first time anyone's had to do PA school interviews like this haha

Good luck! 🙂

accepted as well, however I will be declining. JMU used to be my top choice but after doing some money math and researches after the interview session with JMU this week , I decide to pick between two other programs that I’ve been accepted to. I hope someone will be off the waitlist to take my spot!

edit: From what I heard from them this week, sounds like they are done with the interviews for the this cycle. They had over a hundred applicants interviewing this week.

Edited by paphil51

11 hours ago, paphil51 said:

accepted as well, however I will be declining. JMU used to be my top choice but after doing some money math and researches after the interview session with JMU this week , I decide to pick between two other programs that I’ve been accepted to. I hope someone will be off the waitlist to take my spot!

edit: From what I heard from them this week, sounds like they are done with the interviews for the this cycle. They had over a hundred applicants interviewing this week.

So if you did not receive an interview invite this month does that mean you’ve been denied by JMU this cycle? Or do they offer more interview invite?

Just now, Nemo125 said:

Just got the rejection email tonight. I was a third time applicant. It’s ok I’m holding my head high for other programs now. Good luck everyone! 

I also received a rejection email. Second time applicant here- hold your head up! 

STATS: 

cGPA: 3.43 

sGPA: 3.36 

PCE: 2500 as an MA at a peds cardiology clinic 

Volunteer: 400 hours as a sexual assault advocate 

GRE: 307 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jaw67PA said:

I applied on 6/17 and received a confirmation email on 6/19. Radio silence until 8/22 when I received the rejection email. 

17 hours ago, Nemo125 said:

Just got the rejection email tonight. I was a third time applicant. It’s ok I’m holding my head high for other programs now. Good luck everyone! 

I am so sorry!! I really hope you get into the other programs you applied to! Don’t give up! 😊

• Like 1