New Mexico-University of Saint Francis Application Cycle 2020-2021

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I am excited to announce I received an acceptance yesterday!!! Here is my timeline for those who are interested: CASPA submitted: 7/22, App under review: 7/27, Interview Invite: 9/4, Interviewed: 9/25, Accepted: 10/1! 

I believe USF still has a couple rounds of interviews to go so there is still hope! Good luck everyone!  🙂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, EnzoScoobyMama said:

Does anyone know if there are any other programs at the USF Albuquerque campus or is the PA program the only one? 
Also does anyone know if this program and the UNM program ever interact?

The first answer is no. The PA program is the only program at our Albuquerque campus, which we LOVE because it means we don't have to share. 

The second answer is YES. We do not have a tendency to interact when it comes to curriculum and teaching, but we as student societies this year have attempted to collaborate on service opportunities and projects this year so that our programs won't be strangers. Even in the light of COVID, we are excited to be working alongside our sister program. We hope to instill in the next cohort that collaboration and networking is a key component of being a PA. 

Jacqueline Barajas

President, USF Class of 2022

AAPA South Central Regional Director

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, soeli said:

Got my rejection email today, best of luck to everyone! 

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors! 

Also an update for those who haven't heard anything, I talked with them yesterday and they told me that since my application was sent in September that they were still reviewing it. They are in the process of reviewing September applications and said they would hopefully send correspondence within two weeks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, congrats to those who got in! I am trying to get resources regarding the upcoming cycle of the program. I know the start is in Jan, very soon! Is the curriculum due to covid online, or in person? For those who are out of state, how does one look for housing opportunities and is it too late to apply for loans? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, and thank you 

10 minutes ago, Janeshak said:

Hi everyone, congrats to those who got in! I am trying to get resources regarding the upcoming cycle of the program. I know the start is in Jan, very soon! Is the curriculum due to covid online, or in person? For those who are out of state, how does one look for housing opportunities and is it too late to apply for loans? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, and thank you 

Hey Jane!

Congratulations! To answer some of your questions, faculty have been working really hard to find ways to get your class into an in-person setting. We have to remain adaptable during this time because many of the decisions being made have been entirely based on the recommendations of both USF and the Governor of New Mexico who make those rules. Even if you don't have all your classes in person, please expect to have some small group labs to learn skills because that will be a big part of your first quarter. If you have more specific questions regarding curriculum, please feel free to email Angelica Sanchez who was your main point of contact for your interviews. She is a GREAT help. 

If you are looking for housing, a Welcome Letter was sent out in your applicant packets that was put together by our class to give some guidance to what areas are safe and what apartments are recommended. If you still have that handy, give it a look over. At some point, a Facebook page will be created for your class where you all can start thinking about who might need roommates, books, buddies, and connect you all. 

When applying for loans, it is definitely not too late to apply. In fact, during your orientation in January, you will have a virtual meeting with the USF financial aid department who can help you in applying for loans or answer any of your questions. Some of my classmates applied to private loans prior to coming to school and others waited to see what federal loans were available come January. 

Hopefully that helps!

Jacqueline Barajas

President, USF Class of 2022

South Central Regional Director, AAPA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...