UTMB 2020-2021

1 hour ago, sconway said:

Shoot, y'all.

I just realized that UTMB required the CASPer test and I haven't taken it yet. my application was verified 5/23 and I'm JUST realizing this *major face palm*. I'm not sure if the CASPer test has to be in before September 1st? Does anyone know the answer to that?
I emailed admissions , so hopefully they will have answers, but I'm definitely kicking myself right now!

Did you look up the last testing date? 

2 hours ago, sconway said:

Yeah, I signed up for the earliest next possible test date on August 23rd. So I'll be able to take it before the September 1st deadline, but I'm not sure if the results will arrive at UTMB before the deadline. 

I’d call the school today and explain your situation of taking the exam August 23rd vs when the scores will get in (usually takes 2 weeks) to see if your application will still qualify! 

1 hour ago, Slovetx said:

Same here! Congratulations and good luck. 

1 hour ago, Rebecca65 said:

Me too! Best of luck everyone we got this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, futurepa2023 said:

Just got an interview invite for September 11!

Congrats y'all!! Amazing feeling I'm sure.  When did you submit? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NChen said:

Did anyone who got an interview receive an email to go over their admission file via Zoom? Thanks! 

Yeah I did! Mine is tomorrow and Im trying to figure out what to wear. Idk if I need to wear a full suit but may do a shirt and tie just to make a good first impression! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

21 minutes ago, cdciemo13 said:

Yeah I did! Mine is tomorrow and Im trying to figure out what to wear. Idk if I need to wear a full suit but may do a shirt and tie just to make a good first impression! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Mine is Wednesday! I don't know what to expect, but I would think we should dress well for it of course. 

Edited by NChen

Where did you guys take Immunology? I know that there are schools such as Stanford or Rice that have online "extensions" that offer immunology but I am not sure UTMB accepts this form of coursework. I emailed admissions and they rudely said they cannot help me when it comes to this issue.

15 hours ago, Aaisha said:

Where did you guys take Immunology? I know that there are schools such as Stanford or Rice that have online "extensions" that offer immunology but I am not sure UTMB accepts this form of coursework. I emailed admissions and they rudely said they cannot help me when it comes to this issue.

I took immuno last fall at TAMU

On 6/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, ashleyhi said:

Happy Tuesday, fellow 2020-2021 rounders! My application status so far:

• applied: 5/15
  • verified: 5/18
  • supplemental app: 5/21
  • MyStar (3 email) access: 5/28

So excited for everyone! 😄

• department review: 7/10
  • interview invite: 8/17
  • interview date: 9/11

Also, I saw questions for the statistics course. Reference the pre-req check-list. UTMB explains what components should be included in the statistics course you need to take. 

• Like 1

Also received the email that UTMB's Friday 8/28 interviews are cancelled. Have not yet gotten an email about reschedule. I imagine they will push it out a week or two. 

I'm personally relieved by this, since I have another interview the same day around the same time. The universe is definitely looking out for me. 

• Upvote 1