• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! I am currently a first year at the program here at UT Health! As you can imagine, our experience has been a little bit different than years prior due to COVID, but I can let you know my exper

I just got my acceptance call! I am beyond excited. I cannot wait to meet you guys. Good luck to everyone with future interviews, you got this 🙂

Got my acceptance call an hour ago too!! It honestly feels so surreal but to everyone else still in the process keep your head up!! Beyond excited to join this class!!!

8 minutes ago, Destinee said:

Has anyone from the 10/19 interview heard anything yet? It seems like they're taking a bit longer with ours than they did with the first group. It's making me anxious. And the spam calls I get about my car's extended warranty all the time are not helping😂😅

I still haven’t heard back. It looks like no one else has heard back about interview invites either so maybe they’re reviewing everything. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Also, we gotta remember that we can get accepted whenever. In previous chats, students were still getting acceptances in January! 

Edited by Jchapa
34 minutes ago, Destinee said:

Has anyone from the 10/19 interview heard anything yet? It seems like they're taking a bit longer with ours than they did with the first group. It's making me anxious. And the spam calls I get about my car's extended warranty all the time are not helping😂😅

😂😂 I’m getting the same spam calls.

i interviewed oct 19 and haven’t heard anything yet either

34 minutes ago, Addie said:

I got an email this afternoon with my acceptance! I am overjoyed and so incredibly excited. I interviewed on 10/19. Good luck to the next round of interviews and everyone still waiting for responses! Hang in there!

Did you get a call or just an email? What time did they send it? 

Congrats! 

25 minutes ago, Jchapa said:

Did you get a call or just an email? What time did they send it? 

Congrats! 

Thanks! Just the email, around 12:40pm this afternoon. I get a lot of spam and political calls so I may have accidentally missed the call if it didn't show up under the 210 area code or if my phone automatically flagged it as spam. 

Edited by Addie
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Addie said:

Thanks! Just the email, around 12:40pm this afternoon. I get a lot of spam and political calls so I may have accidentally missed the call if it didn't show up under the 210 area code or if my phone automatically flagged it as spam. 

You probably miss the call!! lol I got a call on 10/22 and got an email on the same day as you.I just found this forum! oh and congrats!! 🙃

@srood97 I interviewed in the morning group on October 19th this cycle (haven’t heard back yet, so probably on the waitlist right now😩), but none of the stations had an A&P quiz for my interview. I was prepared for one too though. some of the questions were role-playing scenarios and others were more traditional. I don’t think there was anything too crazy. This was only the second program I have interviewed with, but the faculty was amazing! My experience interviewing here was so great! The only thing I hate about MMI is that you can’t talk about anything but the prompt that is given. Sometimes I would finish with a minute or two left and would want to just talk to the person like they were my friend because they were all so nice, but you have to just leave the room and move on😂

I ended up joining the zoom meeting for the “faculty presentation/current student panel” like 20-30 minutes early and I was the only interviewee there for about 15-20 minutes. It was so funny because I just sat there listening to Skaggs talk to the current PA students about how his dogs had found a baby skunk and killed it really late the night before. It was cool to be able to see one of the staff genuinely interact with the students and see how that relationship really is. I was laughing the entire time! He is hilarious and I really hope I get in just so I can hear more of his wild stories honestly😂 lol obviously there are plenty of other reasons I would like to go here too though. The program is great!

20 minutes ago, Destinee said:

@srood97 I interviewed in the morning group on October 19th this cycle (haven’t heard back yet, so probably on the waitlist right now😩), but none of the stations had an A&P quiz for my interview. I was prepared for one too though. some of the questions were role-playing scenarios and others were more traditional. I don’t think there was anything too crazy. This was only the second program I have interviewed with, but the faculty was amazing! My experience interviewing here was so great! The only thing I hate about MMI is that you can’t talk about anything but the prompt that is given. Sometimes I would finish with a minute or two left and would want to just talk to the person like they were my friend because they were all so nice, but you have to just leave the room and move on😂

I ended up joining the zoom meeting for the “faculty presentation/current student panel” like 20-30 minutes early and I was the only interviewee there for about 15-20 minutes. It was so funny because I just sat there listening to Skaggs talk to the current PA students about how his dogs had found a baby skunk and killed it really late the night before. It was cool to be able to see one of the staff genuinely interact with the students and see how that relationship really is. I was laughing the entire time! He is hilarious and I really hope I get in just so I can hear more of his wild stories honestly😂 lol obviously there are plenty of other reasons I would like to go here too though. The program is great!

Thank you for responding! That sounds awesome, I can't wait to meet the interview committee and staff members. That's good to know about the anatomy thing (even though I should still refresh my memory)! This will be my second interview as well, unfortunately haven't heard back from the other school. However, I'm trying to remain positive and hopeful I'll get a spot in this program. I hope you hear back soon and good luck with your future endeavors!

By any chance did anyone get an email saying they did not meet one of the GPA requirements? I had to double check the CASPA PDF that generates after submitting and the calculations are correct, since I have above a 3.0 for BOTH science and overall. I am so confused...

I sent an email back to the program to clarify this but if anyone had this issue please let me know. Thanks!

On 11/6/2020 at 6:04 PM, Sheni said:

Is there any group chat for the accepted students yet?

Not yet. From what I've seen in this forum only a couple of us have posted acceptances but maybe after this next round of interviews there will be more and one can be made! Or actually I can make one just message me on the side and I can get a group me started?!

• Like 1
On 11/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, srood97 said:

Thank you for responding! That sounds awesome, I can't wait to meet the interview committee and staff members. That's good to know about the anatomy thing (even though I should still refresh my memory)! This will be my second interview as well, unfortunately haven't heard back from the other school. However, I'm trying to remain positive and hopeful I'll get a spot in this program. I hope you hear back soon and good luck with your future 

I thought the interview process went well, and over all everyone was nice! I think they’re taking their time with applicants. I’ve had 7 interviews so far and accepted into other schools, but I am hoping to get into this program! I will hope for the best for us all!

Did anyone receive this email today?

Virtual Information Session PhD in Health Sciences

"Join us for a Zoom webinar on Tuesday, November 17, 2020, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, to learn more about the Ph.D. in Health Sciences program.

The Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences degree program is designed to prepare allied health professionals to assume major leadership, research, and educational positions within their professions."

I had just spoken to admissions this morning, and was told my application was still "under faculty review". Then an hour or two later I received the above email. I can't help but feel discouraged. I remember while I waited to hear back from UNTHSC, I received something similar, and then a month later got a rejection. It's like they put aside a pile of competitive but not selected applicants and then send off these promotional emails for other programs within the school. UTHSCSA is my top choice, and it's my 3rd time applying. I hope I'm simply looking too far into it. I was told rejection emails have been sent out over the weeks, but I haven't received one, yet. I was hopeful after talking to admissions this morning, and then I got that promotion email for a PhD program. Now I feel bummed.

Does anyone have insight or a similar experience? I would like to still have hope.

6 minutes ago, Txbluebonnet said:

Did anyone receive this email today?

Virtual Information Session PhD in Health Sciences

"Join us for a Zoom webinar on Tuesday, November 17, 2020, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, to learn more about the Ph.D. in Health Sciences program.

The Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences degree program is designed to prepare allied health professionals to assume major leadership, research, and educational positions within their professions."

I had just spoken to admissions this morning, and was told my application was still "under faculty review". Then an hour or two later I received the above email. I can't help but feel discouraged. I remember while I waited to hear back from UNTHSC, I received something similar, and then a month later got a rejection. It's like they put aside a pile of competitive but not selected applicants and then send off these promotional emails for other programs within the school. UTHSCSA is my top choice, and it's my 3rd time applying. I hope I'm simply looking too far into it. I was told rejection emails have been sent out over the weeks, but I haven't received one, yet. I was hopeful after talking to admissions this morning, and then I got that promotion email for a PhD program. Now I feel bummed.

Does anyone have insight or a similar experience? I would like to still have hope.

Interesting. I have not received this email, nor have I gotten anything since my initial under review email on July 16th following submitting my materials at the end of June. I'm sorry I can't provide any insight on this, but I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully just a generic email.