2 hours ago, PrePA1208 said:

Does anyone know if all interviews invites have been sent out? or how many dates they have total?

“Typically about 140 invited students are interviewed each year.  Interview dates typically take place October through January. The class size is anticipated to be 45 students.”- from the Uthscsa website. 

Not sure how many interview dates have already taken place, but on this forum the only one I’ve seen was this week, oct 12. There will be another next week, oct 19. There are 18 students interviewing in the am. I’m assuming another 18 in the pm. 

Last year my friend interviewed mid November and got accepted 2 days later. So anything can happen. 

6 hours ago, Jchapa said:

“Typically about 140 invited students are interviewed each year.  Interview dates typically take place October through January. The class size is anticipated to be 45 students.”- from the Uthscsa website. 

Not sure how many interview dates have already taken place, but on this forum the only one I’ve seen was this week, oct 12. There will be another next week, oct 19. There are 18 students interviewing in the am. I’m assuming another 18 in the pm. 

Last year my friend interviewed mid November and got accepted 2 days later. So anything can happen. 

I know there’s 18 in the am. I hope there’s not 18 in the pm. That’s a lot! I wonder how many students are selected per interview day. It’s only the second round of interviews.

3 hours ago, Obiwankenobi said:

I know there’s 18 in the am. I hope there’s not 18 in the pm. That’s a lot! I wonder how many students are selected per interview day. It’s only the second round of interviews.

On my interview day (i interviewed oct 12) they said they have 4 interview dates and 36 people are interviewed each day. (18 in the AM section and 18 in the PM)

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, polevaulter said:

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and have received interviews!

I submitted my application at the end of June and received the "your application is under review" email in mid July. I am wondering if I should call to follow up? Or just wait it out?

I'm in the same boat. Should we call? But I know they will tell us admissions committee doesn't tell front office staff about our application. 

I just called bc I submitted early and got my faculty review
Email in July. The lady on the phone was super friendly and checked my application to make sure there wasn’t any notes or red flags. She said that they are still reviewing apps and within the next 3 weeks they’ll be sending out more invites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just now, whatsPAppin said:

Email in July. The lady on the phone was super friendly and checked my application to make sure there wasn’t any notes or red flags. She said that they are still reviewing apps and within the next 3 weeks they’ll be sending out more invites

Thats good! Same with me. I applied very early but my under review email but sent to me like in August or something. So this is good to know. Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whatsPAppin said:

Thanks for the update! That is encouraging to here. Good luck to you!

(Also, I love your username lol)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Nothing here and I applied mid-July. 

I applied August 17 and had an interview yesterday. They said they interview 140 students. During my interview I had 18 people in the morning. I’m assuming the same in the afternoon. They had 36 last week from what I saw on this forum. 
my guess is they reviewed them all and are extending to the most competitive.

2 hours ago, KaitlinB said:

Has anyone received no interview rejections or post interview rejections? I was verified early August and still haven’t heard anything 😕 

I applied July 19th, verified July 21st, interviewed yesterday, October 19th.

I believe I saw that they do 4 interviews. Each with 36 applicants total(18 in the morning and 18 in the afternoon).

They said this year they received probably close to 3000 applicants, they will interview about 144, and have 45 spots in the program. There were already two interviews on October 12th and 19th so far. 

5 minutes ago, Jchapa said:

Oct. 19 Interviewees, can y'all let me know when you hear back? 🙂 I know they said the call can come at any time. 

Yeah same. Last week I saw that they called people back on Wednesday so I have been jumping at every notification all day today. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet. 😅