20 hours ago, MikeT said:

Totally random, but I just got an email from them today. Did anyone else get this??

The email I just got 5 minutes ago was this

"Dear Mike, Your application has been given to the faculty for review"

The email I got back on May, 14th was the following

"We have received your completed CASPA application, supplemental application, and supplemental application fee. The admissions team for the School of Health Professions will start reviewing your application information to confirm all requirements have been met for the current application cycle. After the review of your application, you will receive information on the next steps in the process."

I’ve gotten absolutely nothing from any schools I’ve applied to 

17 hours ago, CCpepper said:

I got that email as well!

• The way it is worded at the end with "An interview is contingent upon faculty approving all your prerequisite requirements" or something like that could mean we might be getting invitations soon? I dont know, maybe I am thinking way to much into this.  

hello, everyone!

I am a UTHSCA graduate from 2 years ago. I was a non-traditional student who is actively working for a teaching hospital in Houston in surgery. I know a lot of you are typical Type A applicants and probably FREAKING THE FUCK OUT, but send me a message and I can probably answer most of your questions about the program. Please...please...keep the message short. Some of yall write me with like 45 questions that are in paragraph form and it is like reading Dostoevsky. Keep them simple and I can answer them. I am Type B and not your typical PA...so keep that in mind. I shoot straight and don't bullshit you on answers.

Best of luck and remember as a non-traditional (8+ years removed from college), I got 1 interview the first year and 6 the second year. If your first round is not a success, you are not failing and do not give up your hope...unless you failed a shit ton of classes

Edited by OneDayAPA_Maybe
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, MikeT said:

Weird...Not sure if it is a good thing or just random. It was such a short email 

"You application has now been given to the faculty for review." 

I just got that email about 2 hours ago. It looked fake because of the length hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatsPAppin said:

I received an email stating my app had been given to the faculty for review a month back and then I got this one today. 

"Your application has been given to the faculty to review."

I feel like these both state the same thing lol I was so excited when I saw the email, hoping to hear something soon 

Yep, that is the one. We all got one a few months back and than one again about a week ago that stated the same thing, just short and sweet.............Just invite me or reject me already! lol 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, KaiteKakes said:

Isn't their admissions non-rolling? 

On 8/8/2020 at 5:44 PM, mlee1775 said:

I’m not sure if they’re on rolling admissions or not, but the website says they don’t start interviews until October. 

They are on a rolling basis. 

On 7/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, MikeT said:

Totally random, but I just got an email from them today. Did anyone else get this??

The email I just got 5 minutes ago was this

"Dear Mike, Your application has been given to the faculty for review"

The email I got back on May, 14th was the following

"We have received your completed CASPA application, supplemental application, and supplemental application fee. The admissions team for the School of Health Professions will start reviewing your application information to confirm all requirements have been met for the current application cycle. After the review of your application, you will receive information on the next steps in the process."

Yeah Mike, I got that email on August 11th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mackieboy said:

That’s what I was thinking.. I might call at some point this week. 

I haven’t gotten that second email either, I did reach out a couple weeks ago and they were nice and said everyone should hear back by the end of October at the latest. 
I was thinking it’s probably not a good thing that I haven’t gotten thag second one 😭