Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! I am currently a first year at the program here at UT Health! As you can imagine, our experience has been a little bit different than years prior due to COVID, but I can let you know my exper

I just got my acceptance call! I am beyond excited. I cannot wait to meet you guys. Good luck to everyone with future interviews, you got this 🙂

Got my acceptance call an hour ago too!! It honestly feels so surreal but to everyone else still in the process keep your head up!! Beyond excited to join this class!!!

6 hours ago, whatsPAppin said:

Just received an interview for 01/25/2021! I'm so excited, I did not think I would get an interview because I have heard nothing since submitting my app. 

Submitted on 07/16/2020.

I was in a similar situation. Submitted a little later than you, but I also received an invite today!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the interview invitation email, the "group question-and-answer session with a faculty member" means that we are asking the faculty member questions about the program? Or does the faculty member ask us a question (interview style) and we have to respond in a group setting and each provide insight? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AKthePA said:

For those of you who received an interview mind sharing your stats?

Major: kinesiology

CGPA: 3.7

Perreq GPA: 3.6

direct patient contact: 3000 hours, mostly CNA

volunteer: 300 hours

PA shadowing: 200 hours

letters or rec from a physician, medical director, O chem professor, anatomy professor, work supervisor. 

I haven’t been accepted or rejected yet. I am the worst at interviews unfortunately lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AKthePA said:

For those of you who received an interview mind sharing your stats?

CGPA: 3.7

Prereq GPA: 3.7

Direct Patient Contact: 10,000+ (EMT/ER Tech)

Volunteer: 500 (Fire station) 

PA Shadowing: 150 hours

LOR: 2 ER Physician (1 Medical Director), 3 PA's (ER)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AKthePA said:

For those of you who received an interview mind sharing your stats?

I got an interview, one of the mini interviews didn’t go too well lol 😕

overall GPA: 3.79 

BS microbiology minors in chemistry and Spanish 

PCE: 600 hours as a chiropractic assistant doing therapies

HCE: 650+ (ongoing hours) at a hospital as a Heath unit Coordinator

Only 60 or so shadowing hours 

I did lots of volunteering but my main source was being in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization for 4 years

some other things that I think helped my application were getting published as a second author in 2 chemistry research papers, I was a VP in 2 student organizations, and I got good letters of recommendation from the surgeon I shadowed, my research professor, one of my Spanish professors, and someone close who had high standing in the Air Force 🙂 

 

im not angry I haven’t heard back, as I was accepted at another school! I hope this helps and good luck with everything!! 

Edited by PAandSlay2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 10:11 AM, PAandSlay2 said:

I got an interview, one of the mini interviews didn’t go too well lol 😕

overall GPA: 3.79 

BS microbiology minors in chemistry and Spanish 

PCE: 600 hours as a chiropractic assistant doing therapies

HCE: 650+ (ongoing hours) at a hospital as a Heath unit Coordinator

Only 60 or so shadowing hours 

I did lots of volunteering but my main source was being in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization for 4 years

some other things that I think helped my application were getting published as a second author in 2 chemistry research papers, I was a VP in 2 student organizations, and I got good letters of recommendation from the surgeon I shadowed, my research professor, one of my Spanish professors, and someone close who had high standing in the Air Force 🙂 

 

im not angry I haven’t heard back, as I was accepted at another school! I hope this helps and good luck with everything!! 

Hi! I'm still pre-PA but I'd like to hear about what schools accepted your chiropractic assistant job as PCE. I am a fellow chiro assistant so that would really help 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, vspa99 said:

Hi! I'm still pre-PA but I'd like to hear about what schools accepted your chiropractic assistant job as PCE. I am a fellow chiro assistant so that would really help 🙂 

So I looked generally (just googled "Do PA schools accept chiropractic assistant work as patient care hours") before I got the job, and I read that they did! So I went with it since this was a job I could do without any additional certifications. I would double check with the program about schools requirements to know for sure. But unless they explicitly say that Chiropractic Assistants don't count I'd say it's good to apply with. 

I only applied to 5 schools and got rejected from UTSW and UNT without an interview, I'm unsure if this was because of my chiropractic PCE or due to other aspects of my applications. None of the interviewers for the 3 different programs I did interview with said or asked anything about it. However, in my personal statement I tried to include how being a chiropractic assistant would benefit me becoming a PA! I wrote something along the lines of how getting to know a more holistic approach of health and the body would change the way I thought about patients and their overall wellness as a practicing PA. 

Hope this helps and good luck applying to PA school in the future! 🙂

Edited by PAandSlay2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More