6 hours ago, whatsPAppin said:

Just received an interview for 01/25/2021! I'm so excited, I did not think I would get an interview because I have heard nothing since submitting my app. 

Submitted on 07/16/2020.

I was in a similar situation. Submitted a little later than you, but I also received an invite today!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKthePA said:

For those of you who received an interview mind sharing your stats?

Major: kinesiology

CGPA: 3.7

Perreq GPA: 3.6

direct patient contact: 3000 hours, mostly CNA

volunteer: 300 hours

PA shadowing: 200 hours

letters or rec from a physician, medical director, O chem professor, anatomy professor, work supervisor. 

I haven’t been accepted or rejected yet. I am the worst at interviews unfortunately lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AKthePA said:

For those of you who received an interview mind sharing your stats?

I got an interview, one of the mini interviews didn’t go too well lol 😕

overall GPA: 3.79 

BS microbiology minors in chemistry and Spanish 

PCE: 600 hours as a chiropractic assistant doing therapies

HCE: 650+ (ongoing hours) at a hospital as a Heath unit Coordinator

Only 60 or so shadowing hours 

I did lots of volunteering but my main source was being in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization for 4 years

some other things that I think helped my application were getting published as a second author in 2 chemistry research papers, I was a VP in 2 student organizations, and I got good letters of recommendation from the surgeon I shadowed, my research professor, one of my Spanish professors, and someone close who had high standing in the Air Force 🙂 

im not angry I haven’t heard back, as I was accepted at another school! I hope this helps and good luck with everything!! 

Edited by PAandSlay2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:11 AM, PAandSlay2 said:

I got an interview, one of the mini interviews didn’t go too well lol 😕

overall GPA: 3.79 

BS microbiology minors in chemistry and Spanish 

PCE: 600 hours as a chiropractic assistant doing therapies

HCE: 650+ (ongoing hours) at a hospital as a Heath unit Coordinator

Only 60 or so shadowing hours 

I did lots of volunteering but my main source was being in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization for 4 years

some other things that I think helped my application were getting published as a second author in 2 chemistry research papers, I was a VP in 2 student organizations, and I got good letters of recommendation from the surgeon I shadowed, my research professor, one of my Spanish professors, and someone close who had high standing in the Air Force 🙂 

im not angry I haven’t heard back, as I was accepted at another school! I hope this helps and good luck with everything!! 

Hi! I'm still pre-PA but I'd like to hear about what schools accepted your chiropractic assistant job as PCE. I am a fellow chiro assistant so that would really help 🙂 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, vspa99 said:

Hi! I'm still pre-PA but I'd like to hear about what schools accepted your chiropractic assistant job as PCE. I am a fellow chiro assistant so that would really help 🙂 

So I looked generally (just googled "Do PA schools accept chiropractic assistant work as patient care hours") before I got the job, and I read that they did! So I went with it since this was a job I could do without any additional certifications. I would double check with the program about schools requirements to know for sure. But unless they explicitly say that Chiropractic Assistants don't count I'd say it's good to apply with. 

I only applied to 5 schools and got rejected from UTSW and UNT without an interview, I'm unsure if this was because of my chiropractic PCE or due to other aspects of my applications. None of the interviewers for the 3 different programs I did interview with said or asked anything about it. However, in my personal statement I tried to include how being a chiropractic assistant would benefit me becoming a PA! I wrote something along the lines of how getting to know a more holistic approach of health and the body would change the way I thought about patients and their overall wellness as a practicing PA. 

Hope this helps and good luck applying to PA school in the future! 🙂

Edited by PAandSlay2