2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 9/11/2020 at 10:41 PM, Jess07 said:

I was just placed on interview hold. I did submit kind of late, but hoping for the best! Have many people placed on interview hold received an interview?

I received an invite after being placed on hold! they might do that to all applications? not 100% sure though

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ah63401 said:

I just got placed on an interview hold. Has anyone been placed on this and NOT received an interview? Or how long between getting placed on interview hold and receiving an interview invite? 🙂

Yes, I got placed on interview hold back in June and I have heard nothing since. At first Kaila was responding when I had application updates (I completed a class and had a GPA change) but she has stopped responding and I don’t feel like that’s a good sign...

10 hours ago, ah63401 said:

I just got placed on an interview hold. Has anyone been placed on this and NOT received an interview? Or how long between getting placed on interview hold and receiving an interview invite? 🙂

I was placed on interview hold on Sept 5 and received an interview offer on Sept 23. I hope you get an interview offer soon too!

On 9/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, ekc5755 said:

Yes, I got placed on interview hold back in June and I have heard nothing since. At first Kaila was responding when I had application updates (I completed a class and had a GPA change) but she has stopped responding and I don’t feel like that’s a good sign...

I was placed on Interview hold as well in June/July and haven’t heard anything else!

• Upvote 1

I’m honestly glad I’m not alone. My sense from talking to admissions staff at most PA schools I have applied to is that this year feels particularly intense on their end (and that probably makes things feel more intense on our end). I think it’s been more difficult for admissions staff to work remotely and coordinate everything that needs to happen for interviews while piloting an entirely new interview format. To add to that, I think most schools are getting more applications than ever before, which increases their workload. I don’t know if that’s a product of the pandemic (i.e. what has anyone been up to in their free time? NOTHING, except applying to more schools), or simply a continuation of the trend in which more and more people are applying to PA school in general. I honestly don’t know that University of Iowa could have anticipated all of that back in June when they told me I was an “interview hold” candidate. 

Having said all that, I would still love to get moved off of interview hold and have the opportunity to interview with them. At this point it looks like that could happen only in December or January and I may have to commit to another school well before then. We’ll see, but I wish the best of luck to all of you!

For the record, Kaila did get back to me about making note of all the updates to my application and she seemed  extremely kind and organized. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, modonnell1027 said:

Hi everyone! Just curious if anyone from the interview September 18-19 has been rejected or gotten an acceptance call? I know they told us they would start sending out rejections in early October. 

I haven’t heard anything

- update: I was called today after my earlier response and offered a spot for admission!

Edited by Jjjohnson18
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...