Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was offered a seat on Thursday! Super excited, and I bet there will be quite a few more going out by this time next month.

Hey! I was in second interview rounds and haven’t heard anything back either. I remember O’Shea saying no news is good news and to email around September 18th or so to get word on your status if we ha

I applied last year and I was put on interview hold initially and then shortly after was offered an interview! But, I also applied later in the cycle. I was put on interview hold for this year on 6/19

  • 2 weeks later...

Got notified I was placed on interview hold today!

"The decision was made after careful study of your application materials. Selection for an interview is limited to those applicants who have met all published prerequisites and standards, have the best overall qualifications, and are considered most suited to our program. Your hold status means that although not selected immediately for an interview, your application moving forward may be selected for an interview at anytime between now and our December interview date. All applicants not selected for an interview will be notified no later than February 1, 2021."

Applied/15, verified 5/18

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, Cllliu said:

Got notified I was placed on interview hold today!

"The decision was made after careful study of your application materials. Selection for an interview is limited to those applicants who have met all published prerequisites and standards, have the best overall qualifications, and are considered most suited to our program. Your hold status means that although not selected immediately for an interview, your application moving forward may be selected for an interview at anytime between now and our December interview date. All applicants not selected for an interview will be notified no later than February 1, 2021."

Applied/15, verified 5/18

Can you share your stats with us? I applied to Iowa and waiting to hear back!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got notified today that I was put on interview-hold. I appreciate the update and I guess now all I can do is hurry up and wait! 
 

Has anyone here heard directly either that they will be getting an interview or that they will not be moving forward? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ekc5755 said:

I also got notified today that I was put on interview-hold. I appreciate the update and I guess now all I can do is hurry up and wait! 
 

Has anyone here heard directly either that they will be getting an interview or that they will not be moving forward? 

Do you or anyone else who has been put on interview-hold mind sharing their stats? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

19 hours ago, depauwxc said:

Do you or anyone else who has been put on interview-hold mind sharing their stats? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Sure, happy to share my stats:

 

sGPA: 3.74

cGPA: 3.53

GRE: 170 Verbal, 159 Quant, 4.5 Analytical

PCH: ~ 2000 hours as an ER Tech (EMT certification) and Medical Assistant

HCH: 294 hours

SH: 12 hours

Volunteering: ~600 hours

Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied last year and I was put on interview hold initially and then shortly after was offered an interview! But, I also applied later in the cycle. I was put on interview hold for this year on 6/19. From my past experience, it seems like interview hold is the first step before being offered an interview for the majority of applicants. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got interview hold. Received 6/8, verified 6/15, interview hold 6/24.

cGPA: 3.87

sGPA: 3.96

PCE: 775 hours as CNA

HCE: 130 hours as patient sitter

GRE: 313

Shadowing: 50+

Has anyone heard of an applicant that has already been offered an interview this cycle for Iowa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More