2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 10/9/2020 at 11:19 AM, LoganSes said:

It’s crazy to me how little people post on this forum! I usually just silently watch other people’s posts but I’ll comment since not many others have! 

I received an interview invite on October 2nd for an interview on October 6th. The interview day was really organized and everyone was very welcoming. They really stress not to be nervous and just to relax, which was so great. They said we should hear back in 3 weeks regarding acceptances so I’m VERY anxiously waiting to hear. 

I will post my stats since everyone usually wants to know, but I will say that stats are different for everyone and you shouldn’t freak out if yours are different. I know people that have been accepted with “worse” stats than me while I didn’t even get an interview. 

GPA: 4.0 science and cumulative 

PCE: ~4,000 as an EMT

HCE: ~300 as obesity medicine technician

Volunteer: ~300 medical mission trip as well as volunteering in underserved populations, food banks, etc.

Shadowing: 24 with a PA at an obesity medicine clinic

GRE: 307 

Good luck y’all! 

was your interview virtual?

13 hours ago, Csrierson said:

When was the last interview date!? There hasn’t really been any updates on here. For those that have interveiwed, when did you all submit?

I was asking about the interviews from October 6th. I was hoping to hear something by now but they said it might be up to three weeks but maybe sooner.

Figured I'd share an update for the other applicants since this forum is pretty sparse. I received an invitation to interview via phone call for mid November and was told that they are now conducting in-person interviews! I was definitely caught off guard by this but am ECSTATIC for the chance to see the facilities in person😌 

Does anyone from NC care to share any info regarding the surrounding area of HPU? Is it a fairly safe area to live? TIA 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 1:03 PM, pathtopas said:

Figured I'd share an update for the other applicants since this forum is pretty sparse. I received an invitation to interview via phone call for mid November and was told that they are now conducting in-person interviews! I was definitely caught off guard by this but am ECSTATIC for the chance to see the facilities in person😌 

Does anyone from NC care to share any info regarding the surrounding area of HPU? Is it a fairly safe area to live? TIA 

Hey! I was born and raised in Greensboro, NC and I currently go to graduate school at UNC-Greensboro, around 20ish minutes from High Point for reference, so I feel like I can confidently answer this. First I just wanted to add the caveat that I did apply to HPU because I do think it is a great university and close to home for me, however, it is called the "High Point Bubble" for a reason. The campus itself is beautiful but the surrounding area aka right off campus outside of the gates is not the safest. There are areas in Jamestown, or High Point that are safe and close by but nothing walkable to campus, so definitely plan to drive and live about 10-15 minutes away.

Edited by Carol19
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Carol19 said:

Hey! I was born in raised in Greensboro, NC and I currently go to graduate school at UNC-Greensboro, around 20ish minutes from High Point for reference, so I feel like I can confidently answer this. First I just wanted to add the caveat that I did apply to HPU because I do think it is a great university and close to home for me, however, it is called the "High Point Bubble" for a reason. The campus itself is beautiful but the surrounding area aka right off campus outside of the gates is not the safest. There are areas in Jamestown, or High Point that are safe and close by but nothing walkable to campus, so definitely plan to drive and live about 10-15 minutes away.

Thank you so much for your response! That's definitely the impression that I was getting. Very good information to know moving forward🙂 Best of luck to you!!

Edited by pathtopas

5 hours ago, pathtopas said:

Thank you so much for your response! That's definitely the impression that I was getting. Very good information to know moving forward🙂 Best of luck to you!!

I wouldn’t let this defer you from going to HPU. HPU’s PA program is absolutely amazing and the area outside of the university isn’t that bad either. No matter where you go, you will have those “bad areas”. HPU is probably one of the best programs in the nation, from the faculty to the facilities you are bound to receive a top notch education that MANY other programs will not be able to offer you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAwannabe8 said:

I wouldn’t let this defer you from going to HPU. HPU’s PA program is absolutely amazing and the area outside of the university isn’t that bad either. No matter where you go, you will have those “bad areas”. HPU is probably one of the best programs in the nation, from the faculty to the facilities you are bound to receive a top notch education that MANY other programs will not be able to offer you.

I totally agree with all of those points! I was just asking because HPU is my top choice, so if I'm lucky enough to get in I believe it's where I will be attending. Just trying to get a better sense of the area from someone who is personally from the High Point area. Can't always trust what ya find through a Google search!😂

On 11/2/2020 at 9:32 AM, ApONeill2255 said:

I just got a call for an invite for a virtual interview on Nov. 4th! Short notice but I’m very excited! 

Also, I submitted my CASPA on July 12th. 

Good luck today! Would you mind letting us know if they are still conducting more interviews? Still haven't heard anything. Thank you kindly! :)!