2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, PAStudent898 said:

I have heard High Point is such an incredible program! They have top facilities and faculty that really care about their students! This program makes me really excited, so I hope we hear something soon!

I agree with this! I was able to do a tour last year and the facilities really blew me away. You can tell they care about their students and want to produce top quality PAs. It's definitely one of my top choices. According to the email I received verifying that my application had been received by the school, they said to be patient as they will not start looking over applications until September. It seems as though interview invites won't be taking place until fall/winter and going into early 2021! 

On 8/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, klmPAS said:

I agree with this! I was able to do a tour last year and the facilities really blew me away. You can tell they care about their students and want to produce top quality PAs. It's definitely one of my top choices. According to the email I received verifying that my application had been received by the school, they said to be patient as they will not start looking over applications until September. It seems as though interview invites won't be taking place until fall/winter and going into early 2021! 

My email says "Please be patient as we review applications for interview consideration.  We anticipate that we will begin interviewing in September and will continue to have interview days throughout the fall and into early 2021, so it may be some time before you receive an update on the status of your application." 

So I'm hoping we hear back soon about interviews!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taylor123 said:

does anyone know if shadowing hours are due by start date or matriculation? I only have 10 hours and I saw that you need 15. Nobody has let me shadow since covid started.

I’ve had that same issue. I only have 10 as well. There is an essay question on the CASPA that talks about how COVID has effected you. I put my struggles with shadowing there. I don’t see how we can he held accountable as long as we try and keep trying for more opportunities. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:00 PM, kayburt27 said:

I’ve had that same issue. I only have 10 as well. There is an essay question on the CASPA that talks about how COVID has effected you. I put my struggles with shadowing there. I don’t see how we can he held accountable as long as we try and keep trying for more opportunities. 

I emailed HPU and they said they are waiving the PA shadowing requirement for this cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s crazy to me how little people post on this forum! I usually just silently watch other people’s posts but I’ll comment since not many others have! 

I received an interview invite on October 2nd for an interview on October 6th. The interview day was really organized and everyone was very welcoming. They really stress not to be nervous and just to relax, which was so great. They said we should hear back in 3 weeks regarding acceptances so I’m VERY anxiously waiting to hear. 

I will post my stats since everyone usually wants to know, but I will say that stats are different for everyone and you shouldn’t freak out if yours are different. I know people that have been accepted with “worse” stats than me while I didn’t even get an interview. 

GPA: 4.0 science and cumulative 

PCE: ~4,000 as an EMT

HCE: ~300 as obesity medicine technician

Volunteer: ~300 medical mission trip as well as volunteering in underserved populations, food banks, etc.

Shadowing: 24 with a PA at an obesity medicine clinic

GRE: 307 

Good luck y’all! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LoganSes said:

It’s crazy to me how little people post on this forum! I usually just silently watch other people’s posts but I’ll comment since not many others have! 

I received an interview invite on October 2nd for an interview on October 6th. The interview day was really organized and everyone was very welcoming. They really stress not to be nervous and just to relax, which was so great. They said we should hear back in 3 weeks regarding acceptances so I’m VERY anxiously waiting to hear. 

I will post my stats since everyone usually wants to know, but I will say that stats are different for everyone and you shouldn’t freak out if yours are different. I know people that have been accepted with “worse” stats than me while I didn’t even get an interview. 

Volunteer: ~300 medical mission trip as well as volunteering in underserved populations, food banks, etc.

Good luck y’all! 

Thank you for posting! I agree it’s been so quiet on here and I really appreciate you giving us who are still waiting an update. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LoganSes said:

Good luck y’all! 

Best of luck to you, your interview was clearly very well deserved!🙂 Do you mind sharing when you submitted your app?

• 2 weeks later...