2020-2021 Application Cycle

Heard back from the July 8th interview today with an acceptance as well! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! 

For others interviewing or who may have got declined, I just wanted to share that this was my 3rd application cycle...I interviewed once last year and did not get in but the three best tips I can give are:

1. Apply as early as possible. I applied May 20th this year and I think it made a huge difference.

2. The Physician Assistant School interview guide book by Savanna Perry PA-C was extremely helpful.

3. Be confident and keep trying! You'll get there.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lbrown said:

Heard back from the July 8th interview today with an acceptance as well! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! 

For others interviewing or who may have got declined, I just wanted to share that this was my 3rd application cycle...I interviewed once last year and did not get in but the three best tips I can give are:

1. Apply as early as possible. I applied May 20th this year and I think it made a huge difference.

2. The Physician Assistant School interview guide book by Savanna Perry PA-C was extremely helpful.

3. Be confident and keep trying! You'll get there.

Congratulation!! Thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, PHELPS said:

Thanks for all the information. I have an interview on the 29th and the break down of how the interview went was very helpful, thanks again. Good luck to everyone. 

Good luck on your interview! It was NOT as nerve wracking as you would think, the staff was all very friendly. Make sure you come with questions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, AndrewsOkay said:

Okay, so I interviewed today and I just wanted to pass on some basic info about it's structure and what I learned.

The interview consisted of:

- A Q&A session

- A virtual tour of the university

- A 20 minute group interview in groups of 5

- A 10 minute individual interview

- A brief wrap up where any outstanding requirements are addressed in private

As for the school's probation status, the way they characterized it is that it is an administrative issue that has nothing to do with the quality of instruction. It was only touched on briefly, so I'm afraid I don't have specifics. However, there was a lot of talk about new equipment and the future of the program, so they sound confident that the issue has been addressed.

Overall, I would say I was Impressed with the staff and the interview process. I wish the best of luck to those waiting to interview and those waiting to receive an invite to interview!

Hi! I have a question if you don't mind me asking! I have an interview at slippery rock for September 9th and am not too familiar with the group interview, so I was wondering if you could give a run down of what to expect?

Thanks so much,

Jillian

On 7/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, KE5004 said:

Good luck on your interview! It was NOT as nerve wracking as you would think, the staff was all very friendly. Make sure you come with questions. 

Hi there! I was wondering if you had any input on questions you think would be good to ask in the interview? 

Thanks so much!

11 hours ago, JillianG said:

Hi! I have a question if you don't mind me asking! I have an interview at slippery rock for September 9th and am not too familiar with the group interview, so I was wondering if you could give a run down of what to expect?

Thanks so much,

Jillian

Sure thing! Expect to be in a "room" with 4 other students and 2-3 faculty members. A question will be posed to the group and you'll have the chance to answer and reflect on other interviewee's answers. The faculty was very hands off in their moderating of the discussion, but thankfully the interviewees were very respectful and let everyone answer once before returning to reflect on what was said. That being said the interviewers would bring the conversation to a halt if time was of concern.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

9 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Sure thing! Expect to be in a "room" with 4 other students and 2-3 faculty members. A question will be posed to the group and you'll have the chance to answer and reflect on other interviewee's answers. The faculty was very hands off in their moderating of the discussion, but thankfully the interviewees were very respectful and let everyone answer once before returning to reflect on what was said. That being said the interviewers would bring the conversation to a halt if time was of concern.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

Thank you so much that is really helpful! Do you have an example of the types of questions they may ask or certain topics?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JillianG said:

Yes you should get an email that gives you the itinerary and zoom link to your interview!

Thank you! I received a zoom link as soon as I confirmed the interview but did not see an itinerary. I attended their interview last year so I have some idea of how it will be, just not virtually. Thanks again! 

1 minute ago, crf23 said:

Thank you! I received a zoom link as soon as I confirmed the interview but did not see an itinerary. I attended their interview last year so I have some idea of how it will be, just not virtually. Thanks again! 

Sorry I was misspoken, they don’t send an itinerary but there will be a presentation, group interview, and individual interview!

• Like 1