Sacred Heart 2020 PA Program

On 11/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, TreasuredPA said:

I just got an acceptance call this morning! 😭 (interviewed 11/8) This has been a long journey. I just want everyone to know to keep going & definitely do your best to improve any part that you can but let the rest play out the way it's meant to.

Is there a facebook group I can join or create?

Hi! I was just accepted yesterday and wanted to follow up on if there is a Facebook page for this class?

There is a facebook group for all SHU graduate students. You'll get that link in an email after you pay your deposit. They stated that "because we use the Sacred Heart University name and logo, this is an official group and any others would be considered unofficial". Kathy will create a PA group soon, it's still early. Congratulations to all, can't wait to meet everyone!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FuturePA363 said:

After much thought and consideration I have decided to decline my offer of acceptance, so hopefully this opens up a seat for one of you! Best of luck to you all! 🙂

Good luck to you as well in whichever program you decide to enroll!! Happy holidays to everyone and congrats for all of your achievements and hard work 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, Alyssa11 said:

Has anyone started looking for places to rent. It seems to be quite pricey in the Stamford area. Anyone know any surrounding towns with cheaper prices ? I also have a dog which is making the search more difficult.

The surrounding area is pretty expensive as well. The area around the main campus doesn't look as bad but I hear the commune is a nightmare.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, Alyssa11 said:

Has anyone started looking for places to rent. It seems to be quite pricey in the Stamford area. Anyone know any surrounding towns with cheaper prices ? I also have a dog which is making the search more difficult.

Unfortunately Fairfield County, especially lower, is quite expensive. It is ideal to be in Stamford area if you can afford it or can find roommates to lessen the rent. Areas like Fairfield, Trumbull, Bridgeport, Easton or Monroe may be a little less expensive, but you are sacrificing that for a rough commute. If you end up in any of those areas, you may want to consider taking the train to ease the headache of I-95/ Merritt traffic. You can also consider living in areas of NY that are right over the border. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, jennyw12 said:

I got accepted off the waitlist after interviewing 11/13!!! I'm so excited but have started crunching the numbers. What are people thoughts about living without a car in Stamford at least for the first year?

I think as long as you’re friends with someone who has one then you should be good for the first year! Based off the Q&A with the students

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...