2020 - 2021 Application Cycle

On 9/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, PAStudent9000 said:

Got accepted 9/21 just wondering if anyone knows much about Keiser? This is my first application cycle and I just want to make sure I am going to a good college. Cannot find too much on them on the internet and they only give 1 week to accept. I have only had one other interview at FIU but have not heard back yet.

My stats:

GPA- 3.78

Sci GPA-  3.88

HCE- 800 MA

Shadow- 140

PCAT- didnt take

Male, 23

Congratulations! Being that you got accepted, do you mind sharing any tips for those of us who received an interview? Truly appreciate any help that you would be willing to offer. As for Keiser, I attended their sonography program and I can attest to their reputation, however I also had the same questions that you have regarding their PA program. I've had many others comment on their program saying that they have or have had friends, etc. in their program and that their insights are only positive. Hope this helps. Good luck with all!

41 minutes ago, starfall27 said:

Congratulations! Being that you got accepted, do you mind sharing any tips for those of us who received an interview? Truly appreciate any help that you would be willing to offer. As for Keiser, I attended their sonography program and I can attest to their reputation, however I also had the same questions that you have regarding their PA program. I've had many others comment on their program saying that they have or have had friends, etc. in their program and that their insights are only positive. Hope this helps. Good luck with all!

Of course! It was a very straightforward interview. You are asked questions by the admissions rep and one of the faculty for about 10 minutes. My advice would be dress to impress, practice pa school interview questions with friends or family, and have a nice presentable background behind you! They were very friendly so I never felt too nervous. Make sure to have questions ready for them also!(COVID ones are probably a good idea) 

3 hours ago, PAStudent9000 said:

Of course! It was a very straightforward interview. You are asked questions by the admissions rep and one of the faculty for about 10 minutes. My advice would be dress to impress, practice pa school interview questions with friends or family, and have a nice presentable background behind you! They were very friendly so I never felt too nervous. Make sure to have questions ready for them also!(COVID ones are probably a good idea) 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Hi guys! I interviewed 9/14 and was accepted the following week. After tons of consideration, I've decided to decline the seat. But I figured I could provide some information on the interview style! They had us all log on at the start time, Nikki and Dr. Scotti gave a brief introduction, then moved everyone to the waiting room except one student. So you kind of just had to wait until they invited you back in for your interview slot. It was ten minutes and Dr. Scotti did time it, so consider that. As far as the questions, I had a good amount of situational ones. "Tell me about a time when..." So I would try to have a few example stories relating to how you deal with stress and conflict. And of course the traditional questions of why this program and why PA. It was very casual and conversational. Don't sweat it too much! Best of luck to everyone!

7 minutes ago, lsims said:

Hey guys! To those who are interviewing tomorrow (Tuesday 29th), has anyone heard back yet from Dr. Scotti or Nikki about the zoom link that was missing from our email sent out last Thursday?

Hi just in case anyone else was curious, I talked to Nikki and she said they are aware that no link was sent with the email and Dr. Scotti will send it likely tomorrow morning prior to the interview. So don't stress! 

Hello all! Current Keiser student here and it only felt fair to tell you my personal opinion about this school so you hear about both pros and cons. Hope this answers any questions you may have!

Positives = The professors are kind, truly want to see you succeed in your PA career, and make the program very doable. If you attend this school, it would be very difficult for you to fail out. If that is a fear that some of you have, Keiser is a good option. Keiser is also a January start date and is in Fort Lauderdale. For people in the South Florida area, especially with families and significant others, this school may be a great commutable option.

Negatives = The level of communication in this program is not great. None of the professors communicate with each other and none of the professors tell us what is going on as well. During a pandemic, where there are a lot of questions about the unknown, it was the blind leading the blind, through and through. I’m also going to add that some of our lecture slide presentations are 2 years old, while some are 10 years old. Take that information whichever way you want. Our lab facilities are also very underwhelming; we don’t even have the ability to practice with a real ultrasound machine, unlike other universities. For rotations, we are not told where we are going until a few days before the start of each rotation. Also for out of staters, don’t assume you will be able to get all or even most of your rotations near where you call home. At most, maybe 1 or 2. 

If Keiser is your only acceptance, take that seat in a heartbeat and rejoice that you are going to be a PA (pending accreditation)! In the end, it doesn’t matter what school you go to, and Keiser will get you that PA-C behind your name. Congrats!!

If you get into any other school other than Keiser, run and never look back!! This program is too expensive for its quality, or lack thereof. Don’t willing choose to take on multiple years of debt for this hot mess when you have another better option. 

Good luck to everyone and I wish you all best on your PA school journeys! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Hey Everyone! 

I interviewed on 9/21 and got accepted on 9/28. This was my first interview and the first school that accepted me, so for now I'm going forward with saving my seat, paying the deposits, etc, but I'm waiting on the other schools I applied to for interviews and maybe a couple more acceptances. I'm a little hesitant about the school being in accreditation-probation, but I guess that right now it's my only option. 

My stats:

GPA: 3.38

sGPA:3.35

PCE: 1000 hours approx 

HCE: 1000 hours approx

GRE: 309 and 4.5 (analytical writing)

Shadowing: ~100 hours with both PA and MD

PCAT: did not take it

Volunteer: very little - 100 hrs

Male, 27 y/o

I guess that another thing that makes Keiser a little more attractive for me is starting in January instead of having to wait for mind 2021. But yeah, I guess I'll be going to Keiser unless there is another school that accepts me. 

Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by stalloneitaliano93

Just received the acceptance email! So excited! To those who received their acceptance, let us please start a WhatsApp chat please! Another thing on my mind is regarding Keiser's accreditation status. Does anyone have info regarding if they do not receive accreditation? Do we graduate from an accredited program? Get deposits back??? Any info is greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, starfall27 said:

Just received the acceptance email! So excited! To those who received their acceptance, let us please start a WhatsApp chat please! Another thing on my mind is regarding Keiser's accreditation status. Does anyone have info regarding if they do not receive accreditation? Do we graduate from an accredited program? Get deposits back??? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Congrats! I’m Interviewing this week so hopefully I’ll be in your class! 

Here are some links with the info you asked for:

http://www.arc-pa.org/frequently-asked-questions/student-questions/

http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accreditation-types-review-cycle/

2 hours ago, ERNightOwl said:

Congrats! I’m Interviewing this week so hopefully I’ll be in your class! 

Here are some links with the info you asked for:

http://www.arc-pa.org/frequently-asked-questions/student-questions/

http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accreditation-types-review-cycle/

Thank you so much! And good luck!! To my knowledge, even if the program is on probation at time of enrollment, it is accredited either way and we therefore graduate from an accredited program. However, I am unsure about our enrollment date? If we start in January not sure if our enrollment date is then, or is it the day we literally pay our deposit?

4 minutes ago, jtp3702 said:

Accepted! For those accepting are you guys going to start looking for housing? Since the director said that they're unsure if classes will be online I'm unsure of what to do...

When I interviewed I asked that same question to Dr Scotti and Nikki, and they told me that for the time being we should start preparing as if we were to start classes in person... if anything were to change they would let us know. I personally hope we start in person, I think we will get more out of it. 

Do you think it's worth applying for Keiser at this point? I have been so inundated with full time school and work, I thought the deadline was in December, not November. I can get everything done really quick, but I'm wondering if I should just save my money since it's so late. What do you all think?