2020 - 2021 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, PREPAFL96 said:

Those of you who got an interview, do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied? Congrats! 

Hi I applied mid/late June 

BS BIO 

cgpa-3.38

sgpa-3.45

gre-305

pce-~520 EMT  

hce- ~490 medical receptionist 

pce volunteer-95 EMT 

non healthcare volunteer- 75 forensic social work 

shadowing- 50

lors- A&P professor, PA I shadowed, EMT I volunteered under, professor I did research with 

• Like 1

Got accepted 9/21 just wondering if anyone knows much about Keiser? This is my first application cycle and I just want to make sure I am going to a good college. Cannot find too much on them on the internet and they only give 1 week to accept. I have only had one other interview at FIU but have not heard back yet.

My stats:

GPA- 3.78

Sci GPA-  3.88

HCE- 800 MA

Shadow- 140

PCAT- didnt take

Male, 23

5 minutes ago, PAStudent9000 said:

Got accepted 9/21 just wondering if anyone knows much about Keiser? This is my first application cycle and I just want to make sure I am going to a good college. Cannot find too much on them on the internet and they only give 1 week to accept. I have only had one other interview at FIU but have not heard back yet.

My stats:

GPA- 3.78

Sci GPA-  3.88

HCE- 800 MA

Shadow- 140

PCAT- didnt take

Male, 23

Congratulations on your acceptance! I would definitely contact that other school you interviewed at to ask about your status, or if they will at least know when they’ll notify you by. Maybe then it’ll be easier to make a decision. I personally have only heard great things about the PA Program at keiser from former students. That being said, they are on probation. I don’t really know the reason for that, but it is definitely the one thing that’s made me hesitant about attending keiser, should I get accepted. If anyone has info about why they might be on probation and if they will be approved by the boards, please drop it in the comments. Once again, congrats 🙂

5 minutes ago, Bex08 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! I would definitely contact that other school you interviewed at to ask about your status, or if they will at least know when they’ll notify you by. Maybe then it’ll be easier to make a decision. I personally have only heard great things about the PA Program at keiser from former students. That being said, they are on probation. I don’t really know the reason for that, but it is definitely the one thing that’s made me hesitant about attending keiser, should I get accepted. If anyone has info about why they might be on probation and if they will be approved by the boards, please drop it in the comments. Once again, congrats 🙂

Thank you for the info!! Ya the probation has me hesitant but hearing good things from former students definitely eases my worries. 

They had their ARC-PA accreditation review earlier this year and the final decision should be available sometime in October. So if the accreditation is continued, no worries. If they lose accreditation then the program will close. You will have to ask if the seat deposit will be refundable in that case. The best thing to do is to accept the seat but continue interviewing. That way you won’t lose out on other offers, just in case the accreditation is withdrawn.

Edited by PAstudent0320

12 minutes ago, PrePAStudent2020 said:

Hello all, I got accepted on 9/21 and I am a bit hesitant to accept since the program is currently on probation. I was thinking of emailing Nikki to find out if I would be refunded if the program does get shut down but I don't know if that would be inappropriate. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Congrats! And I don’t think it wouldn’t be inappropriate. It’s a valid question to ask..

1 hour ago, PrePAStudent2020 said:

Hello all, I got accepted on 9/21 and I am a bit hesitant to accept since the program is currently on probation. I was thinking of emailing Nikki to find out if I would be refunded if the program does get shut down but I don't know if that would be inappropriate. What do you guys think? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat! I think someone mentioned they hear back from this years review in October, so if they do close we would just need the deposit refunded. I don't think Nikki would mind if you emailed her though she seemed down to earth

20 hours ago, PrePAStudent2020 said:

Just to update this, I ended up emailing Nikki and she said that Keiser's website will be updated with the ARC's decision regarding accreditation status some time in October. She also said that fees should be refunded if the program is closed. Hope this helps!

Has anyone who got into the program accepted or declined their seat yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrePAStudent2020 said:

Just to update this, I ended up emailing Nikki and she said that Keiser's website will be updated with the ARC's decision regarding accreditation status some time in October. She also said that fees should be refunded if the program is closed. Hope this helps!

Has anyone who got into the program accepted or declined their seat yet?

Niceeee! Did she suggest at all that she thought they would be re-approved? Or didn’t really give any clues? Haha