2020 - 2021 Application Cycle

Just now, ERNightOwl said:

Got the same email. Wasn’t really planning on it since most school just require the GRE, but I guess I’ll schedule it today 😒 I have an interview at another school though already, so this might be unnecessary. 

I just don’t understand why their basically requiring the GRE and PA-CAT... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, PrePAJ7 said:

I got the same letter of rejection ... even though I exceed their requirements and I completed their application and have a clear background check. I just don’t know if it’s worth it to inquire about. If you choose to, contact Nikki directly via the phone number provided on your emails with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, 

I think Keiser quite literally has rejected many people that are overqualified for their program. I exceeded all of their requirements, but I am sure they just didnt want to waste their time with someone that will likely get other offers. Just does not seem like a good model for a school... Glad I didn't get an interview looking back considering the interviews/acceptances I have now. Have also reviewed some shady things online that other people have gone through the admissions process and being in the actual program. 

Hard pass from me. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kelista said:

So, 

I think Keiser quite literally has rejected many people that are overqualified for their program. I exceeded all of their requirements, but I am sure they just didnt want to waste their time with someone that will likely get other offers. Just does not seem like a good model for a school... Glad I didn't get an interview looking back considering the interviews/acceptances I have now. Have also reviewed some shady things online that other people have gone through the admissions process and being in the actual program. 

Hard pass from me. 

Good luck to you!

Were your letter of rejections in the actual mail or email? and when did you receive? Thanks and best of luck to you!!

I remember when I was taking my genetics course over the summer at the fort Lauderdale campus , we were told that the biggest reason people get rejected is because of the way they input their pre-req. Schools only see what you put in to fulfill the requirements and essay portions and if you mess up on that then you get disqualified. 

On 8/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, ERNightOwl said:

So I’m not sure if Keiser is going to go ahead with interview invites before PA-CAT scores come back or not? If anyone has more information on this I’d appreciate it! 

I’ve been studying for a couple days now. I can’t lie, it seems like a beast of an exam. A lot of material to cover, even just as a review for strong subjects. So we’ll see how it goes in 3 weeks when I take it.

Hey! How did your PA-CAT go? I scheduled to take it next Saturday 9-26. I have pretty much just been studying for it with MCAT prep, since they don’t have any info on this exam since it’s such a new exam! Would love to hear how you’ve been studying or how you think it went. Wish I had seen this earlier so I could reply. The PA-CAT website does have some “practice” exam questions that I have been using, but not nearly as much preparation as I would’ve liked! 

1 hour ago, Bex08 said:

Hey! How did your PA-CAT go? I scheduled to take it next Saturday 9-26. I have pretty much just been studying for it with MCAT prep, since they don’t have any info on this exam since it’s such a new exam! Would love to hear how you’ve been studying or how you think it went. Wish I had seen this earlier so I could reply. The PA-CAT website does have some “practice” exam questions that I have been using, but not nearly as much preparation as I would’ve liked! 

Hey there! I used all of the content they provided on the website x2. Did the courses in depth and practice tests. Everything else that they do not provide a review on was just factored into the overall score (so small percentages/wouldn’t worry about it). Plus I found all of the genetics, statistics, etc very basic. 

The things that count the most they gave thorough reviews on. Stick to that and you’ll be fine. Good luck 😊

Got an interview! It's a bit odd though because you have to wait on a Zoom link until it is your turn to interview. So you will have to wait on there until you are suddenly added into the meeting with the two interviewers. They also said the interview will only be 10 min with each applicant which is stressful because you only have 10 min to impress them and show your personality. Good luck to everyone! Hope it goes well!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1