Virginia Shenandoah University PA applicants 2020-2021 cycle

Hi there! 

I'm a current second year student at Shenandoah in my last didactic semester. Good luck with your interviews!! This is obviously the first time they are being conducted virtually so I may not be able to give you specific insight into the interview process but I can try my best to answer any questions you may have!

Edited by purpleberry

11 minutes ago, purpleberry said:

Hi there! 

I'm a current second year student at Shenandoah in my last didactic semester. Good luck with your interviews!! This is obviously the first time they are being conducted virtually so I may not be able to give you specific insight into the interview process but I can try my best to answer any questions you may have!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions! What elective clinical rotations are offered at Shenandoah?

9 minutes ago, purpleberry said:

Hi there! 

Hi! I had a question about finding jobs after graduating. I know that SUPA has an emphasis on primary care and saw that a good number of SUPA students go into Primary Care after graduating. I was wondering if it's also possible to go into more specific specialities? 

2 minutes ago, iceskater99 said:

Hi! I had a question about finding jobs after graduating. I know that SUPA has an emphasis on primary care and saw that a good number of SUPA students go into Primary Care after graduating. I was wondering if it's also possible to go into more specific specialities? 

Yes, you are right that this program is primary care focused but there is definitely opportunity to specialize! Although most of our clinical rotations are in primary care, we do get experience in surgery, emergency medicine, and an elective in a specialty of our choice. Regardless of your rotations, there is still opportunity to work in any specialty after graduation. We have faculty members who have worked in a wide variety of specialties and our graduates have as well!

8 minutes ago, Mon1025 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions! What elective clinical rotations are offered at Shenandoah?

Sure! There are so many that I really can't list them all here haha. Just to name a few, we have rotation sites in cardiology, interventional radiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery and so many more!

7 minutes ago, purpleberry said:

Sure! There are so many that I really can't list them all here haha. Just to name a few, we have rotation sites in cardiology, interventional radiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery and so many more!

Thank you! My last question is did it take the full 2 weeks for you to hear back from Shenandoah after your interview?

12 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

Thank you for answering questions! I was wondering what your timeline with interviews was like. I haven’t heard anything from

this program and submitted in June, wasn’t sure if it means anything that I haven’t heard and those who applied after me have? Thanks 🙂

18 minutes ago, iceskater99 said:

Thank you! My last question is did it take the full 2 weeks for you to hear back from Shenandoah after your interview?

I was actually put on the waitlist after about a week from my interview date and was officially accepted 2 months after my interview date so it really just depends! 

3 hours ago, singerdancer said:

Thank you for answering questions! I was wondering what your timeline with interviews was like. I haven’t heard anything from

this program and submitted in June, wasn’t sure if it means anything that I haven’t heard and those who applied after me have? Thanks 🙂

I believe the last interview is sometime in mid-November so there's still time to hear back! I would suggest reaching out if you don't hear anything by the beginning of November. Goodluck! 🙂