Application for January 2021 Start

3 minutes ago, mave6 said:

I just received an email stating that at this time I'm "considered a strong potential candidate for an interview". I have no idea what this means.. a nice rejection? I was wait listed for an interview last year. 

No, I think you're definitely still being considered then! If you don't mind, what happened last year when you were waitlisted for an interview?

5 minutes ago, Set83 said:

No, I think you're definitely still being considered then! If you don't mind, what happened last year when you were waitlisted for an interview?

Absolutely nothing.. I didn't hear back from them until I received a rejection letter about a month later. 

22 minutes ago, mave6 said:

I just received an email stating that at this time I'm "considered a strong potential candidate for an interview". I have no idea what this means.. a nice rejection? I was wait listed for an interview last year. 

welp, the fact that I haven't heard anything makes me concerned now. 😕

9 minutes ago, mave6 said:

Absolutely nothing.. I didn't hear back from them until I received a rejection letter about a month later. 

Wow, that stinks. Thanks for sharing, and I do think the email you got sounds positive so don't lose hope yet! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, las257 said:

@prepa012797 @Sabrina1997 Congrats on getting an interview guys! Was the interview format similar to previous interviews?

The interview was moved to a virtual Zoom call, so I think it differed a bit than past years. It consisted of an introduction from the program director, then all the applicants were split into two groups - one group had a Q&A session with current/ former students of the program, and the other half rotated through a 20-min interview with the entire faculty (one interview per applicant), and then after lunch the two groups switched, then they just gave a couple closing comments but that was all!

Edited by prepa012797
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Maura25 said:

Hi everyone! 

I saw some people post about interviews they received... I received an interview that is virtual in August. Are any of your interviews in person? Any tips for virtual interviews? thanks! 

I think that all of the Bryant interviews have been and will be virtual this cycle! For tips - still dress as if you're in-person (including pants!), check your audio and video quality of your computer well beforehand, and set up an area to interview with good lighting and no distractions or background noise. Don't overstress about it - the faculty is extremely laid back and easygoing. The actual interview portion is only 20 minutes of the whole day and it's very conversational. They didn't ask any questions out of the norm. The rest of the day is really just to ask questions to current students and alumni and get to know the program! Best of luck!