Rutgers 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 8/25/2020 at 12:49 PM, jnb5397 said:

Congrats I was accepted as well! I’m not sure if a Facebook group has been created yet but I’m sure one will be in the upcoming weeks! 

I just started one!

My app was verified 7/18 and have not heard back from this program yet. All I got was that my application was moved forward to the next round for screening but I'm pretty sure this just means that I meet all the pre-reqs to apply??

Just curious has anyone received any rejections yet? Or do they wait until they have a final cohort to send those out? 

Rutgers is my #1 choice because its where I went for undergrad and its an amazing school. Best of luck to everyone!

17 hours ago, mylocopinocci said:

My app was verified 7/18 and have not heard back from this program yet. All I got was that my application was moved forward to the next round for screening but I'm pretty sure this just means that I meet all the pre-reqs to apply??

Just curious has anyone received any rejections yet? Or do they wait until they have a final cohort to send those out? 

Rutgers is my #1 choice because its where I went for undergrad and its an amazing school. Best of luck to everyone!

Try to stay positive. From what I see they are constantly going through all applications and due to it being rolling admissions they pick the best holistically. With this school it’s not only about grades. They look at what you can bring to the table with experiences and knowledge. Also want to make sure you show what their core values are. If you haven’t heard anything that’s a good thing. Means you still have a chance. Interviews are until December so you have a chance. The class isn’t entirely filled until the last interview is given. Keep your head up. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pathtowardspa said:

Does anyone happen to have any updates with Rutgers? Recent interviews? Recent emails? Anything?

There were interviews held on 09/29 

Hi! I just received an email saying “Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.” For those of your who have interviewed, does this email mean that I will be interviewing, or does it mean that  they are still reviewing my application? Thanks!

2 hours ago, atwasserman said:

Hi! I just received an email saying “Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.” For those of your who have interviewed, does this email mean that I will be interviewing, or does it mean that  they are still reviewing my application? Thanks!

Still reviewing yours and other application. They will send an email that you are offered an interview and to confirm that you will be attending. 

19 hours ago, atwasserman said:

I got this email on 07/21, ending with "We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process. We will contact you again as soon as possible."

and they haven't contacted me since that date

Anyone hear back from the 9/29 interview yet? 

I still haven’t heard anything yet! Just anxiously checking my email :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nytovapa said:

I still haven’t heard anything yet! Just anxiously checking my email 😕

I actually heard back at 12pm today! They said my app is still under review which I think is “hold for decision” that they said most applicants get if the interview was successful. Hopefully you’ll hear soon!

• Like 1

I actually heard back at 12pm today! They said my app is still under review which I think is “hold for decision” that they said most applicants get if the interview was successful. Hopefully you’ll hear soon!

Thank you!! I’m hoping I hear soon too lol

5 hours ago, nytovapa said:

OMG I just got accepted 30 min ago from the 9/29 interview!!!

Got an acceptance today as well !!!

• Like 1

Just got the call! I interviewed last week 10/06! Good luck to everyone who  is waiting to hear back from them!

HCE: 3000 as MA

NJ resident

GPA:3.89 

Edited by NicoleVE13
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, femeredith said:

Did they send an email or phone call? Congrats! 

Thank you! They called first and sent an email directly afterwards. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, nytovapa said:

OMG I just got accepted 30 min ago from the 9/29 interview!!!

Congrats! I was accepted yesterday as well! 

• Like 1

I’m super curious where I stand here after having received that “moved onto the next round of screening” TWICE lol is there a rhyme or reason to how they invite people for interviews? I’ve heard of people getting rejected as well, people that applied well after me in August (I applied in mid July). Would anyone be able to share their timeline?

Edited by AlphaCharlie99