Application Cycle 2020-2021

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email this morning saying that my application has been reviewed but was put in their "decision-pending" file. I haven't (yet?? 🤞) been invited for an interview, but previously received two of the "your application remains under review" emails at the end of August and mid-September. Today's email says "At this time, we will continue to evaluate applicants this cycle, and may or may not offer you an interview for a seat in the class that starts in January of 2021." Definitely bummed and anxious since there is only one more interview day, but I'm happy there's still hope!

(If anyone is wondering, I submitted/was verified in early June.)

31 minutes ago, iheartfMRI said:

Received an email this morning saying that my application has been reviewed but was put in their "decision-pending" file. I haven't (yet?? 🤞) been invited for an interview, but previously received two of the "your application remains under review" emails at the end of August and mid-September. Today's email says "At this time, we will continue to evaluate applicants this cycle, and may or may not offer you an interview for a seat in the class that starts in January of 2021." Definitely bummed and anxious since there is only one more interview day, but I'm happy there's still hope!

(If anyone is wondering, I submitted/was verified in early June.)

I also received this email after getting two of the "your application remains under review" emails. We weren't rejected so still hope!

6 minutes ago, StephenPA said:

Received the “remains under review” again. It would be nice to know the real difference between this one and the one mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the difference is in "remains under review" (i.e. they haven't finished reviewing everything in your app) vs. "reviewed" and decision-pending (they finished looking over your app and don't want to reject you outright, but aren't sure if they want to offer an invite just yet). I guess it's like being put on a waitlist to interview? That's how I interpreted it 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, iheartfMRI said:

I think the difference is in "remains under review" (i.e. they haven't finished reviewing everything in your app) vs. "reviewed" and decision-pending (they finished looking over your app and don't want to reject you outright, but aren't sure if they want to offer an invite just yet). I guess it's like being put on a waitlist to interview? That's how I interpreted it 🤷‍♀️

Are they even sending rejections though?? Or just having us all wait around just to eventually be rejected?... so confusing

Hey everybody, 

For those of you still waiting on a letter of acceptance, hang tight and stay positive. Those of us who have already been offered acceptance have connected, and from what I see there are still plenty of empty seats. Plus, as always, there will be more letters of acceptance in the end than seats, since some students will choose to forfeit their seat.

To be completely transparent, those of us who have been accepted have just been offered a revised letter of acceptance due to some schedule changes made to all Pitt programs. If I had to guess, this probably caused some delays. 

Edited by AndrewsOkay
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey everybody, 

For those of you still waiting on a letter of acceptance, hang tight and stay positive. Those of us who have already been offered acceptance have connected, and from what I see there are still plenty of empty seats. Plus, as always, there will be more letters of acceptance in the end than seats, since some students will choose to forfeit their seat.

To be completely transparent, those of us who have been accepted have just been offered a revised letter of acceptance due to some schedule changes made to all Pitt programs. If I had to guess, this probably caused some delays. 

Andrew, 

Thank you for being so encouraging and engaged! I had my interview on September 15th, and have been anxiously checking my emails every few minutes! 😅

Congratulations to you and everyone else that has been accepted, and to those from the September 15th date, the upcoming October interview, and everyone else awaiting updates... good luck and stay positive! 

7 minutes ago, acg319 said:

I just received an email putting on the waitlist after my September 15th interview.  Has anyone from the previous interview sessions been waitlisted?

I was waitlisted from the July 14th interview! I haven’t heard much.. just a few other emails stating that I “still “remain on the waitlist”. I’ve accepted a seat elsewhere though so hopefully that leaves a spot for someone else! Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PAprogram33 said:

I was waitlisted from the July 14th interview! I haven’t heard much.. just a few other emails stating that I “still “remain on the waitlist”. I’ve accepted a seat elsewhere though so hopefully that leaves a spot for someone else! Good luck! 🙂

Thank you!

2 hours ago, hanshep said:

I was just accepted today!! Would love to connect with others who have been accepted as well 🙂 let me know if there is a group or anything yet!

16 minutes ago, briniedermeier said:

Hi everyone!

I was accepted today as well! My interview was on September 15th! I would love to get in touch and connect with those of you who have been accepted as well.

My Instagram is briiniedermeier8 ... feel free to reach out! Congratulations to everyone and good luck to those who are waiting! You got this! 

Would you guys mind sharing your stats?

I was accepted yesterday as well!! I interviewed on the 15th as well! However, I will be declining the offer as I received an acceptance from another school that is closer to where my family lives. This interview was a great experience, and the University of Pittsburgh is an amazing school! I wish all of you the absolute best!

5 hours ago, SnehLalani said:

I was accepted yesterday as well!! I interviewed on the 15th as well! However, I will be declining the offer as I received an acceptance from another school that is closer to where my family lives. This interview was a great experience, and the University of Pittsburgh is an amazing school! I wish all of you the absolute best!

Congratulations for your acceptance! I wish you the very best! Also, thank you so much for opening a seat for some1 else. 😁🙂

• Like 1