Application Cycle 2020-2021

12 hours ago, boolongko said:

Havent heard back from UPitt regarding an invite so far. I submitted 5/31 and verified 6/1.

Has anyone else recieved interview invites that submitted their app around the same time as me? (Apologies ahead if I missed a post that answers my question)

I got the confirm received email on 6/1. Have yet to hear back so far... 

On 6/2/2020 at 10:48 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

That's fantastic!

How are you guys all prepping for it?

I bought Savanna Perry's Interview Guide and I also did the PA Platform's mock interview. I felt it really enhanced my confidence and helped me straighten my thoughts out 🙂 Also gave me a chance to ask any questions and have them answered by a PA who has been through interviews before.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 1:11 AM, AlexisA said:

I bought Savanna Perry's Interview Guide and I also did the PA Platform's mock interview. I felt it really enhanced my confidence and helped me straighten my thoughts out 🙂 Also gave me a chance to ask any questions and have them answered by a PA who has been through interviews before.

That book is excellent! I also really enjoy her podcast.

I've also gotten a lot out of mock interviews. Both from professional services and by having family and friends interview me, haha.

• Like 1

My application was confirmed by Pitt on 5/21 and I have yet to hear anything about an interview [emoji849]. Should I be worried??

According to some of the folks here they are taking up to three weeks to extend interview invites but I’m not really sure though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone gotten interview inv recently? Coming up 3 weeks after pitt confirmed getting my application... getting a little nervous

Just received my interview offer from Pitt! Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hang in there!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

I’m new to all of this, so might need a little guidance! Got offered an interview for July 28th (first interview woo!). For people that interview on July 14th, would it be possible to shed some light on their interview style? The email I received seems like MMI style, but I just want to prepare the best I can! 

Also any tips and tricks would help too! Thank you! 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ferdy said:

According to some of the folks here they are taking up to three weeks to extend interview invites but I’m not really sure though..

Hey just wondering when you submitted and got verified? Sounds like we submitted around the same time. I'm just getting anxious is alls 😅

Hey just wondering when you submitted and got verified? Sounds like we submitted around the same time. I'm just getting anxious is alls [emoji28]

Verified 5/23/20, confirmed receipt by pitt 6/1/2020

I got the offer at the very end of three weeks review period.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:25 AM, kattwilliams said:

Hey everyone! 

I’m new to all of this, so might need a little guidance! Got offered an interview for July 28th (first interview woo!). For people that interview on July 14th, would it be possible to shed some light on their interview style? The email I received seems like MMI style, but I just want to prepare the best I can! 

Also any tips and tricks would help too! Thank you! 

For starters, congratulations on receiving an interview!!! From the email I received, I kind of anticipate it being MMI too from the wording, but I could be wrong. My interview is July 14th so I guess we will see 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexisA said:

For starters, congratulations on receiving an interview!!! From the email I received, I kind of anticipate it being MMI too from the wording, but I could be wrong. My interview is July 14th so I guess we will see 😊

I originally thought the same, but after attending their informational session it sounds like it's going to be small panel interviews... so, who knows at this point? 😅

Unfortunately, I'm just trying to be prepared for anything now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

I originally thought the same, but after attending their informational session it sounds like it's going to be small panel interviews... so, who knows at this point? 😅

Unfortunately, I'm just trying to be prepared for anything now.

I'm attending an informational session on July 7th so I am hoping that clears up some confusion! What exactly does a small panel interview entail? You being questioned by several people? I feel as if I am so stressed over the MMI format that that doesn't sound terrible!😅

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlexisA said:

I'm attending an informational session on July 7th so I am hoping that clears up some confusion! What exactly does a small panel interview entail? You being questioned by several people? I feel as if I am so stressed over the MMI format that that doesn't sound terrible!😅

Yep! Seemed like they plan on small groups of 2-3 faculty members and some outside PAs doing individual interviews. Please let me know if they tell you anything different, it sounds like they're flying by the seat of their pants thanks to COVID.

1 minute ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Yep! Seemed like they plan on small groups of 2-3 faculty members and some outside PAs doing individual interviews. Please let me know if they tell you anything different, it sounds like they're flying by the seat of their pants thanks to COVID.

I will definitely update if I hear anything different from what you are telling me. Will be so relieved if that is that case, though, lol. Unfortunately, COVID is really throwing everybody for a loop. BUT we will all get those seats one way or the other 🙂 

1 minute ago, AlexisA said:

I will definitely update if I hear anything different from what you are telling me. Will be so relieved if that is that case, though, lol. Unfortunately, COVID is really throwing everybody for a loop. BUT we will all get those seats one way or the other 🙂 

In the one interview I've had already, they were struggling to put people in separate rooms on Zoom. I can't even imagine how much of a nightmare MMI format over Zoom would be. Here's to hoping they do something more traditional! 😂