Application Cycle 2020-2021

14 minutes ago, Jazmine said:

I was verified on 5/18 but Did they mention how they are doing the interviews this summer?

Yep! According to the e-mail I got:

"Our Interview process has changed due to COVID-19 limitations of conducting on-campus interviews during the Summer Term. The interview process will be completed by Zoom meetings. Interview activities will last approximately one hour.  There will be several small interview sessions where you will be interviewing with faculty, viewing a slideshow of our facility, a Q&A session, and also a chance to speak with current students. Upon your confirmation, we will be providing the Zoom meeting instructions and meeting reservations."

So it'll all be conducted online, will have a Q&A, and (though not explicitly stated) sounds like it will be MMI format. 

Hope that helps!

15 minutes ago, AyaChan said:

Please share your stats if you don’t mind 

Of course!

B.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology 

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.60

GRE: Verbal: 157 / Quant: 160 / Analytical: 5.0

PCE: 8000+ Hours  (EMT, Urgent Care Tech, Phlebotomist)

Healthcare: 1500 Hours (Medical Laboratory Scientist)

Shadowing: 80 Hours (ER PA / Preceptor)

Leadership: 20 Hours (Developing Alumni Program)

Letters of Rec: 1 MD, 1 MD/PhD, 1 PhD, 2 Academic

Hope that helps! My app definitely has it's weaknesses and strengths. Please let me know if there's anything else I can shed light on. 

Edited by AndrewsOkay

3 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Of course!

B.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology 

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.60

GRE: Verbal: 157 / Quant: 160 / Analytical: 5.0

PCE: 8000+ Hours  (EMT, Urgent Care Tech, Phlebotomist)

Healthcare: 1500 Hours (Medical Laboratory Scientist)

Shadowing: 80 Hours (ER PA / Preceptor)

Leadership: 20 Hours (Developing Alumni Program)

Letters of Rec: 1 MD, 1 MD/PhD, 1 PhD, 2 Academic

Hope that helps! My app definitely has it's weaknesses and strengths. Please let me know if there's anything else I can shed light on. 

Thanks for Sharing Andrew. Your stats look very competitive. I’m hoping to get an interview at this university. I received an email from them a week ago on Thursday that they received my application, but nothing else. My stats aren’t the best tbh...if I hear anything promising I’ll come back here and post them just to give others hope. 
I hope you will be accepted into the program. 

GPA: 3.59

sGPA: 3.57

HCE : (254) 94 from home aid volunteer and 160 from medical assistant

PCE: 1880 from medical assistant

Research: 1080

Shadowing: (172) 16 orthopedic and 156 from dermatology

5 LOR: Biology professor, Research director, MD, PA x 2

Edited by eamac
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, appsunny said:

Hi! How were people notified of interviews? Was it a phone call or email?

I got an E-mail.

According to the website they do interviews on...

Tuesday - July 14, 2020

Tuesday - July 28, 2020

Tuesday - September 15, 2020

Tuesday - October 27, 2020

So, I would imagine the invites come in waves. Hang in there!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:55 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

Yep! According to the e-mail I got:

"Our Interview process has changed due to COVID-19 limitations of conducting on-campus interviews during the Summer Term. The interview process will be completed by Zoom meetings. Interview activities will last approximately one hour.  There will be several small interview sessions where you will be interviewing with faculty, viewing a slideshow of our facility, a Q&A session, and also a chance to speak with current students. Upon your confirmation, we will be providing the Zoom meeting instructions and meeting reservations."

So it'll all be conducted online, will have a Q&A, and (though not explicitly stated) sounds like it will be MMI format. 

Hope that helps!

Just got the email today 6/02 that I have been invited for the July 14th interview !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey guys! Don’t lament! At the last informational session they said that they haven’t even filled the first interview day. They offer 4 interview days in total! 😁

Things are moving slow, yes. But, stay positive everybody! 

Thank you so much! I can’t complain too much, I just got verified last week so I’m a little late to the game comparatively... when was the last info session when they stated that?? Good luck on your interview!!

27 minutes ago, Jel196 said:

Thank you so much! I can’t complain too much, I just got verified last week so I’m a little late to the game comparatively... when was the last info session when they stated that?? Good luck on your interview!!

Honestly, as long as you apply before mid-june, I wouldn't really consider it "Late"

This session was only 3 days ago, so I can't imagine much has changed since.

Thanks! Best of luck with you this cycle too!

35 minutes ago, Jel196 said:

I believe my CASPA was verified around 5/20... Pitts receipt ~ 5/21, three weeks later now and no further word. 
I agree with Andrew though, they said in that info session that once they receive the application from CASPA, it could take up to 3 weeks for them to extend interview invites. So that’s why I’m probably out...but in your case, I wouldn’t worry till at least 4 weeks from now, ‘cause I’m sure you and many others are applying in this mid June period. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey guys! Don’t lament! At the last informational session they said that they haven’t even filled the first interview day. They offer 4 interview days in total! 😁

Things are moving slow, yes. But, stay positive everybody! 

Thank you Andrew! I’m trying to stay positive...but maybe I should also already start on improving my application for next year application cycles lol