2020/2021 Application Cycle

Does anyone know how many more interviews they plan to do and how many students are approximately accepted per cohort? I applied back in May, but unfortunately my application got lost (in a way) and received the confirmation email from them stating my application was complete on 7/30. Keeping positive, and congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

(Current student here)

There are usually about 6 interview days and each class is 54 students, 6 of whom are dual PA/Public Health students. They recently added a dual PA/Clinical Research degree, so I'm not sure how that factors into the numbers...this is what it has been in the past until the creation of that new degree. Regardless, the max class size is 54, including dual students (so the dual students that will be in the PA class of 2023 are already in their other master's program and those accepted to dual programs this year will be in the PA class of 2024). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCCathLab said:

Good luck to everyone in today's interview group! It was nice to meet all of you and I wish we had a chance to get to know everyone a little more. Hope to see some of you next fall!

Thanks! It was very nice meeting everyone and hope to be apart of the next cohort, best of luck! 

Thinking about you guys! The waiting game after the interview is the worst. I think I saw somewhere that the admissions committee was not meeting to discuss until later in the week, so it could be Monday. Also - you may not get a call even for an acceptance. I know a good number of us in the second interview group didn’t get called before the weekend but got our acceptance email on Labor Day. They kept us on our toes for sure. Fingers crossed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I noticed that the portal that I was using to check the status of my application (it always said application submitted every time I looked at it) for Campbell, says it is no longer available. When I click it, it says that this "application cycle for 2021 is closed.  I apologize but this application is no longer available". All of the seats are not filled yet right? There are still spots? I applied June 17th and received a confirmation soon after that saying my app was in line to be reviewed, but I have not heard anything since then... getting super anxious!

7 hours ago, kayburt27 said:

I noticed that the portal that I was using to check the status of my application (it always said application submitted every time I looked at it) for Campbell, says it is no longer available. When I click it, it says that this "application cycle for 2021 is closed.  I apologize but this application is no longer available". All of the seats are not filled yet right? There are still spots? I applied June 17th and received a confirmation soon after that saying my app was in line to be reviewed, but I have not heard anything since then... getting super anxious!

To be completely transparent when I applied last year I got an email that they concluded they interviews for the cycle and all of their seats for filled right around this time. Unfortunately, I think that might be the case. But until you get that, I wouldn’t worry too much! 

Hi everyone! Just wishing everyone good luck and good vibes going into this next week when we hopefully hear from the admissions committee! Interviewing with CU was an awesome experience and I loved getting to know some of you! Just remember that everyone’s journey is different, and everything happens for a reason. 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 12:01 AM, kayburt27 said:

I applied and got a confirmation email on June 29th. My portal is showing everything the same, and still says "application submitted". I also applied last year, but never got the "concluded the interviews for the cycle" email. I'm also getting anxious and starting to get a little frustrated with the inconsistency of this process. Hoping we hear something soon!

Saw the same thing last night 

2 hours ago, ToriBethH said:

I applied and got a confirmation email on June 29th. My portal is showing everything the same, and still says "application submitted". I also applied last year, but never got the "concluded the interviews for the cycle" email. I'm also getting anxious and starting to get a little frustrated with the inconsistency of this process. Hoping we hear something soon!

1 hour ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Saw the same thing last night 

Hi guys! I would not stress too much about the application portal or read too far into it. Other than for application submission, I don't think it is fully utilized to update application statuses. I know some other schools use a similar system and actually update it, but Campbell as a whole does not seem to. I'm a CU alum and my grad school app status from 2016 still said Application Submitted the last time I checked the portal 2 weeks ago (for reference, I was accepted and graduated from that program in 2019 lol). I was also accepted to the PA program this year and it still said Application Submitted. I think they closed the application portal to prevent anyone from trying to submit their supplemental after the deadline - I am seeing the same thing as you all when I try to log in. I hope this helps! There is still hope - I believe in all of you! ❤️ 

Edited by PA2be16
grammar
  • Like 3

After much thought, I will be declining my seat in this amazing program to be closer to my family. It brings me great joy that this decision will create an opportunity for another deserving student. I wish everyone in the upcoming cohort the absolute best that life has to offer and I regret that I will not have the chance to meet all of you talented individuals in person. Best of luck in PA school and beyond! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hey all! I interviewed on 9/14 and am still waiting to hear back. The interview group before 9/14 had until today (9/22) for their deposit if I remember correctly from someone else’s post on here. I’m thinking that emails may be delayed until after today so the committee can determine how many open seats they have left (Who put the deposit and who did not). Just a theory from someone who is anxiously awaiting with you and is lacking patience! 🙂 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mcain99 said:

Hey all! I interviewed on 9/14 and am still waiting to hear back. The interview group before 9/14 had until today (9/22) for their deposit if I remember correctly from someone else’s post on here. I’m thinking that emails may be delayed until after today so the committee can determine how many open seats they have left (Who put the deposit and who did not). Just a theory from someone who is anxiously awaiting with you and is lacking patience! 🙂 

This is a good thought and gives me both more hope and anxiety 😆