Chapman University: 2020-2021 Cycle

2 hours ago, Candiceprepa said:

Does chapman not sent out rejection letters? Or are interview invites still been sent out?

Someone on the last page stated that they interviewed, and received a rejection email... so it seems they do, but it certainly doesn't seem like much based on our sample size. But interviews have indeed been wrapped up since the end of September.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, Smiech said:

Someone on the last page stated that they interviewed, and received a rejection email... so it seems they do, but it certainly doesn't seem like much based on our sample size. But interviews have indeed been wrapped up since the end of September.

Seems like they might have a informal “alternative list.” Maybe they are considering the possibility of increasing class size? Let’s hope so!!!🤞🤞🤞

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am wondering what you all think about Chapman's reputation/prestige if they just got accredited. The doctors I work with told me today that they think that Chapman is one of the lower prestige PA programs in Southern California, but maybe they are just saying that because they are academically trained. I like that Chapman is located in Southern California, but I don't want to limit my future career opportunities by not going to the a well-regarded school. I’d appreciate any advice anybody here has; and I hope everyone gets into their top choices!

21 hours ago, PAdreamer247 said:

Hi everyone, I am wondering what you all think about Chapman's reputation/prestige if they just got accredited. The doctors I work with told me today that they think that Chapman is one of the lower prestige PA programs in Southern California, but maybe they are just saying that because they are academically trained. I like that Chapman is located in Southern California, but I don't want to limit my future career opportunities by not going to the a well-regarded school. I’d appreciate any advice anybody here has; and I hope everyone gets into their top choices!

They’re not ranked yet I believe because they just got their continued accreditation status this past September. They may not have been able to be ranked while in provisional status (not sure, honestly). They’re still a new program, but from all of my research, they’re pretty competitive as far as connections they have. Their undergraduate health science programs are ranked among the top 10 in the nation so I have high hopes regarding the growth of their PA program. The main reason I decided on Chapman was because of their responsiveness to student needs, their connections to certain hospitals for clinical rotations, and because of the focus they place on community outreach with programs outside of the classroom. The “right” program for you may look different depending on what’s important to you, but I would not solely base your decision on reputation alone. 

Regardless of what you decide, just know that the majority of what I’ve read and heard from PAs currently in the field, the program you go with does not hold as heavy weight as you think. Many colleagues of mine were not even asked what school they went to in job interviews, as it was more important that they graduated from an accredited program and that they passed their PANCE. This profession is in such high demand - especially now - that you’ll be fine as long as you get an education and pass your boards. That’s why most people recommend going with the most affordable program, not necessarily the most well-known. This is at least based on the research I did, so take it as you will! Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello, 

does anyone know what day is the first day of instruction for the new cohort? 

I’m looking at this year’s academic calendar and it states spring trimester starts Jan 4.

Does anyone know if we will receive a response saying that the cycle is closed if we have not been accepted on the waitlist? 

Edited by Amati

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Danielson95 said:

Hey guys! 
I’m a little early here but I plan on applying summer of 2022. I am currently in the military and getting my degree. I have a dilemma. I won’t have my work done untill august 26th and as we all know the dead line is sept 1st. Has anyone else done this? Is this too late? Let me know what y’all think! 

Hi Danielson95, 

I advise you to apply as early as possible. I will be a fourth time applicant next cycle and I do find it helpful to apply early. It shows that you are prepared and ready. 

Another thing you want to consider is whether you want your application to have the verified status before the September 1st deadline. It gives me a peace of mind to have the verification status on my application before the deadline so I like to submit my applications at least 2 weeks prior to the program deadline. Chapman University is labeled as an orange program on CASPA so you don't need to receive the verification status before the deadline. However, if you are applying to other programs as well you might want to check what their preferences are. 

If your are applying in Summer 2022 or even this coming cycle, you can open a CASPA account now and record your background, experiences, and/ transcripts ( if you are taking classes at multiple locations). You can copy over the data you have entered to the current cycle and save some time that way. 

I would highly recommend reaching out to Chapman's Admission Team for more advice and their most updated policies. Sign up for their info sessions because you might meet current students or alumni that were in your shoes and can offer you more advice. 

Above are just some of my experiences and tips as a reapplicant. Take it with a grain of salt as the experience may be different for you. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions. Best of Luck! 🙂 

Below are some helpful links:

Be a Physician Assistant:

https://beaphysicianassistant.com

The PA Life:

https://www.thepalife.com

My Journey to PA School:

https://www.journeytopaschool.com

Edited by Amati