Chapman University: 2020-2021 Cycle

7 hours ago, Amati said:

Hi Christine! 

My pre- interview meet and greet was from 9AM-9:30AM PST. You should receive an email with your interview zoom link the day before your interview and the email will give you information about the meet and greet (that's how it was with mine). I don't know if they will be making any changes with the schedule so this is just for reference. If you have any more questions I would advise you to reach out to Chapman. The admissions team is really nice and friendly. Hope this helps! Good luck with your Casper test and interview! 🙂 

You’re so right I just emailed them now!! Thank you for the advice! 

10 minutes ago, annngu96 said:

I got notified of my acceptance today! I got such good vibes from the faculty and current students during my interview day on July 24th, so I am super excited!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! And good luck to those who are in the process of interviewing! 

Yay congrats!! 

50 minutes ago, annngu96 said:

I got notified of my acceptance today! I got such good vibes from the faculty and current students during my interview day on July 24th, so I am super excited!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! And good luck to those who are in the process of interviewing! 

I have an interview next week with Chapman! Any advice on interview format/questions/things you wish you had known before/what made you stand out?! I'm so nervous!!!!

On 7/28/2020 at 4:16 PM, MEJ97 said:

I have an interview next week with Chapman! Any advice on interview format/questions/things you wish you had known before/what made you stand out?! I'm so nervous!!!!

Congrats on receiving an interview invite!!! My advice would be to attend the Meet & Greet to talk to current students, especially if it's scheduled before your interview time. The chill vibe and talking to the students really helped me to be less nervous. I also got to know more in-depth information about the program and faculty which helped me to come up with good questions to ask my interviewers at the end.

In regards to the interview, it was a two-on-one virtual format. There was a good mix of common job interview questions, PA/healthcare-related questions, and personal experiences. I recommend reading the Physician Assistant School Interview Guide book by Savanna Perry to prepare. They just want to get to know you so don't be afraid to add some humor and be yourself. I think relating my answers to stories about patients was what made me memorable.

Make sure your internet connection is solid and limit distractions so that your interview won't get interrupted and the interviewers won't have any problems hearing your answers.

Good luck!!!! You're almost there!

Edited by ProudPrePA
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, PA95050 said:

I have not applied yet, I am struggling with my resume. I heard we should keep it to one page two at the most but it just is not enough room. Did you apply? Also has anyone heard if they are going to postpone interviews with the COVID-19 situation or will they be doing them on line?

For the resume section, it asks to " include your 1,000 hours of patient contact experience and PA shadowing hours" just to clarify is this a breakdown or just overall amount? How much are you changing previous resumes to adjust to this requirement?

58 minutes ago, emmab123 said:

For the resume section, it asks to " include your 1,000 hours of patient contact experience and PA shadowing hours" just to clarify is this a breakdown or just overall amount? How much are you changing previous resumes to adjust to this requirement?

My resume was 2 full pages and they did not seem to have a problem with that. My resume was mostly the same, but I also added my shadowing PA hours into two separate experiences because I had 2 different shadowing experiences. 

I personally didn’t put my hours for each experience because it is in CASPA. I just made sure everything was included and put the range of dates with explanations of each experience. 

50 minutes ago, kcfuturepa said:

I received my acceptance call yesterday!! interviewed 7/10/2020. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance!! That’s amazing! After your interview, did you receive an email stating decisions will take some time? Or did you not hear from them until your acceptance call?

4 hours ago, prepajackie1 said:

I interviewed on 7/30 and I got an email the other day that said decisions would be made over the next couple of weeks. I’m anxiously waiting to hear back! Good luck to everyone who’s waiting for a decision and to those who are interviewing soon 🙂

Okay cool I received that too and initially I wasn't sure what to think of it since no one has mentioned it on this forum yet! Good luck to you as well!! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2020 at 1:03 AM, SoCalMed6 said:

Did anyone who interviewed not receive the email stating that they would be meeting over the next couple of months to make decisions? I haven't received any sort of communication since my interview 2 weeks ago!

I’m in the same boat you are. I interviews 7/24 and haven’t heard anything back yet /:

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 1:03 AM, SoCalMed6 said:

Did anyone who interviewed not receive the email stating that they would be meeting over the next couple of months to make decisions? I haven't received any sort of communication since my interview 2 weeks ago!

Count me in that boat, too. Also interviewed on 7/24 and haven't heard anything back yet. It seems like a few previous posters didn't get their good news until a few weeks later, so hopefully we'll find out soon!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 7:36 AM, nikitar787 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! That’s amazing! After your interview, did you receive an email stating decisions will take some time? Or did you not hear from them until your acceptance call?

I received an email that thanked me for interviewing and said they would be deciding over the next several weeks!

6 hours ago, kcfuturepa said:

I received an email that thanked me for interviewing and said they would be deciding over the next several weeks!

Hm, I also didn't receive any email talking about decisions being made in the subsequent weeks. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but did everyone who got accepted get that follow up email?

15 hours ago, Smiech said:

Hm, I also didn't receive any email talking about decisions being made in the subsequent weeks. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but did everyone who got accepted get that follow up email?

I don't know if this helps you, but I got an email on July 7 talking about decisions being made in the next couple of months, and I haven't heard anything since then.