Chapman University: 2020-2021 Cycle

First time applicant here. Can anyone tell me what it means to be "verified" per this post? Does this mean CASPA verified or is there a separate Chapman verification email? I received an email from Chapman 6/19 saying my application was received but that's it for now.

Asking because CASPA lost (and then found) my transcript for one of my schools, so I wanted to make sure that there isn't any issues with the review process.

Congrats to everyone who interviewed/got the call!

Edited by shoPA101

23 hours ago, klong928 said:

Anyone else interview 7/10? I got the email about decisions happening over the next few months but didn’t hear anything with the calls that went out today. I know it’s early but just curious

I had an interview 7/10 and didn’t hear anything back either 

3 minutes ago, klong928 said:

How did you feel about your interview?

I feel fairly good, but I have some mixed feelings. I answered everything without much hesitation, no stammering, no weird answers or anything. I prepped a lot using book guides and online questions. And my interviewers seemed to respond positively to my answers. We even connected on some common interests and experiences. But it was also my first PA school interview, so I don't know what is the standard. I'm hoping for the best

9 hours ago, Laybunny said:

I feel fairly good, but I have some mixed feelings. I answered everything without much hesitation, no stammering, no weird answers or anything. I prepped a lot using book guides and online questions. And my interviewers seemed to respond positively to my answers. We even connected on some common interests and experiences. But it was also my first PA school interview, so I don't know what is the standard. I'm hoping for the best

Same here, good luck! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joethepa said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you so much! And sure. 

sGPA 3.83

cGPA 3.72

GRE 306, 5.5

PCE 2200 scribe, 600 PT aide

HCE 400 hospital volunteer

Shadow 120 with OR PA, surgeon, anesthesiologists

Extracurricular 400 research hours, 1 published paper

16 minutes ago, kcfuturepa said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! would you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed 7/10 as well and the wait is killing me

Thank you!! Of course. 
cGPA: 3.56

sGPA 3.39

GRE: 313, 4.5

4000 PCE as an EMT and MA

500ish healthcare volunteering 

30 shadowing 

definitely not the most competitive GPA but I think personal statements and interviews can make all the difference!

17 hours ago, prepajackie1 said:

Hi everyone! For those of you who have recently interviewed with Chapman, would you be willing to share a little bit more about your virtual interview experience? I received an invitation today for an interview next week and since this is my first interview, I'm not sure what to expect! 

Hi prepajackie1! Congrats on getting an interview invite! 🙂 proud of you!  

The interview day starts with an optional meet and greet with current students. You get redirected into different breakout rooms to chat with current students and ask them any questions you have about the program, their current experience, and etc. Then the meet and greet session ends and you wait till your interview time to log into your zoom meeting room (this is the link they sent you specifically for your interview time). The meet and greet has a different zoom link. The format of the interview that I had was a two faculty panel. There were some technical difficulties with my interview, so for the first 10 minutes I was chatting with only one faculty.

To be fair to all applicants, I can't disclose much more about the interview but I hope the above information calmed the first-time anxiety a little. I was in your shoes too so I know "the unknown" can be quite nerve wrecking. 

My advice is have 3-4 stories prepared that you can apply to different questions about your strengths, weakness, the common questions you see on PA interview help books. Be patient and take time to listen to every questions before answering. There might be some delay with the audio/video if you don't have the strongest internet connection so just make sure you hear all of the questions before answering. 

Other than that, try not to psych yourself out. I know its hard, especially if this is your first interview but try to imagine the meeting as talking to your professor/mentor/ providers you work with. At the end of the day, they really are just trying to get to know you. I had two interview experience in my PA journey so far and this interview gave me more of a "getting to know you" vibe vs "quizzing" vibe. 

I hope this helps! I wish you the best of luck! YOU GOT THIS! 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChristineAndersonPrePA said:

Can anyone explain when the pre interview meet and greet is during the day? I have my Casper test at 2pm on the day of my interview with Chapman (545pm)

Im sure I could make that work but I don’t want to miss the pre interview meet and greet. 
Any advice? 

Hi Christine! 

My pre- interview meet and greet was from 9AM-9:30AM PST. You should receive an email with your interview zoom link the day before your interview and the email will give you information about the meet and greet (that's how it was with mine). I don't know if they will be making any changes with the schedule so this is just for reference. If you have any more questions I would advise you to reach out to Chapman. The admissions team is really nice and friendly. Hope this helps! Good luck with your Casper test and interview! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, PrePA928 said:

Thank you!! Of course. 
cGPA: 3.56

sGPA 3.39

GRE: 313, 4.5

4000 PCE as an EMT and MA

500ish healthcare volunteering 

30 shadowing 

definitely not the most competitive GPA but I think personal statements and interviews can make all the difference!

I have the same sGPA as you! but my cGPA is a bit lower at 3.31. Did you have a aggressive upward trend of GPA? I was verified in mid-July...hoping to hear something soon!

9 minutes ago, joethepa said:

I have the same sGPA as you! but my cGPA is a bit lower at 3.31. Did you have a aggressive upward trend of GPA? I was verified in mid-July...hoping to hear something soon!

No super aggressive uptrend, I actually had my worst quarter during my senior year of undergraduate, but talked about this during my interview voluntarily. My post- bacc GPA is 4.0, but only a few classes. From what I've experienced and what the website says for Chapman, they use a system that weighs everything (grades, GRE, personal statement, patient care hours, volunteer/community service, personal adversity, etc.) so it's not all about GPA. They do interviews through the fall so keep your hopes up! I wish you the best 🙂 

• Like 1

Regarding the student panel, the time varies by interview date I believe! My interview was at 1pm but the meet & greet was at 4:30pm. Some other interviewees in this group had mentioned they have their interview after the panel, so I think it could be before/after your actual interview 🙂

My timeline: 

CASPA submitted & verified: 5/21

Confirmation from Chapman: 6/1

Interview invite: 7/7

Interview date: 7/16

Acceptance: 7/20

Good luck to everybody!