Prerequisite Confusion

I am so bummed out that after all the preparations, it seems like I won't be able to apply at all this cycle. When checking on the program websites, all they listed for the prerequisite is 8 units of biology... But when filling out CASPA prerequisite section, most school asked me to provide "Biological sciences (should be comprised of courses with laboratory components and that are sequenced for majors in human biology)." I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly, but it seems that the "sequenced biology" courses are referred to "general/lower division" courses. However, I went to UC Irvine and for the first two years of general division classes that I took, none of the bio courses included labs. For upper division, I did take bio labs but the 3 labs requirement for graduation was used for physiology, anatomy and microbiology. So basically, after following my counselors step by steps to prepare for this graduation and this application after all these years, I am still set up for failure? 

Am I understanding this correctly or is there a misunderstanding? I really don't want to not even get a chance to try and fail right at the gate of applying this year. 

Edited by abc135

Look at the websites for pre reqs. Not all require labs and some don't require Bio at all. FYI - Northwestern does not require any labs and Wake Forest, Yale, GW, Sacred Heart  do not have a general biology requirement. Do some digging. You may not have all the choices you had hoped for but you can apply this year if you choose carefully where. Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks Chris14, Ill check out the schools you’ve mentioned. But the problem with looking for other options is that when I was checking the requirements on the school program page, all they mentioned was 8 semester units of biology. Thats it. There was no mentioning of anything else about labs or whats not until I was filing out the prerequisites portion on CASPA that they specifically mentioned “Biological Sciences (Should be comprised of laboratory components and are sequenced for majors in human biology).” 

Those schools I mentioned had their requirements all listed on the admissions page of their website. It was very transparent. I do remember others having "new" details listed once you reached the CASPA phase which is a huge bummer. Hopefully there are many that work within your requirements. Just keep digging and good luck!