Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, kkarasek said:

Frank Ambriz said interviews will be conducted before CASPer scores are looked at 

Do you happen to know when the interviews will begin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sloz2197 said:

Do you happen to know when the interviews will begin?

This is all he told me “We are moving forward and will do interviews ahead of the CASPer scores.“ so I would assume we should start getting invites or rejection within the next two weeks? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, StillHopefultobePA said:

Does UTRGV show in your distribution list?

So I may have to go look again, I took it back in April or May I think and had added all schools to my list but if it wasn’t required then, then I probably didn’t add it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kkarasek said:

This is all he told me “We are moving forward and will do interviews ahead of the CASPer scores.“ so I would assume we should start getting invites or rejection within the next two weeks? 

Thank you for your answers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sloz2197 said:

Do you happen to know when the interviews will begin?

This is all he told me “We are moving forward and will do interviews ahead of the CASPer scores.“ so I would assume we should start getting invites or rejection within the next two weeks? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super glad that I took the casper for other schools, but crazy that they want it sent to them so late. Seems kind of odd that they are going to go ahead with interviews before the scores, but I suppose the timing probably forces them to move forward. Last year I did a waitlist interview late in the summer for a Texas school and I asked them how my casper weighed into my application and they stated that they hadn't even gotten my scores yet. This was like 4 months after I had taken the Casper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, niquemack said:

So I may have to go look again, I took it back in April or May I think and had added all schools to my list but if it wasn’t required then, then I probably didn’t add it! 

The codes aren't on there CASPer even at this time, so you didn't miss to add it! 🙂 

For others that had questions, this evaluation is only taken once per cycle. There are no "retakes" or second attempts. Once the new cycle begins, then yes you take it again...but otherwise if you've taken it this year, then once the code shows up, just send your results (which we don't ever see) over to the school. I forgot how much it is, but it's no more than $30.

If you haven't ever taken it, don't sweat it! There are plenty of youtube videos out there to guide you and give you tips how to spend your time wisely in answering. The scenarios can actually be quite thought provoking and interesting! For me, it went by a lot quicker than I thought. 

Good luck everyone! We are all still here striving and doing our best, so give yourself props from time to time 👏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 since they are planning to give interviews before receiving the CASPeR scores, I think that they’re probably just wanting us to take it because they want to gather their own data to see how the scores correlate with how successful people turn out to be in PA school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another school I applied to also asked for Casper just a few weeks ago, so I wasnt as surprised when UTRGV wanted to do the same. I think after a lot of consideration they decided this was the best way to replace MMIs but didnt decide until recently 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MMDr808 said:

The codes aren't on there CASPer even at this time, so you didn't miss to add it! 🙂 

For others that had questions, this evaluation is only taken once per cycle. There are no "retakes" or second attempts. Once the new cycle begins, then yes you take it again...but otherwise if you've taken it this year, then once the code shows up, just send your results (which we don't ever see) over to the school. I forgot how much it is, but it's no more than $30.

If you haven't ever taken it, don't sweat it! There are plenty of youtube videos out there to guide you and give you tips how to spend your time wisely in answering. The scenarios can actually be quite thought provoking and interesting! For me, it went by a lot quicker than I thought. 

Good luck everyone! We are all still here striving and doing our best, so give yourself props from time to time 👏

Thank you for the informative, positive, and uplifting post. Best of luck to you too!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gabbhers32 said:

I don’t have it either and need to take it as well. Now I’m upset and nervous that I won’t be a acceptable applicant because they just added this requirement. 

Please don't stress 😕! Someone recently shared that you could look up youtube videos. I'm sure there's other study tools online if we just search for them. Look at the bright side, we have two weeks to study for this thing. You got this, you're gonna do great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, gabbhers32 said:

I don’t have it either and need to take it as well. Now I’m upset and nervous that I won’t be a acceptable applicant because they just added this requirement. 

I was looking through the CASPer website, when you look for dates each school has different set dates. It's true most have passed but I assume when UTRGV has their school added I'm sure they'll put new dates (for those who have yet to take it). No reason to worry if you haven't taken it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casper is no longer required and first round of interviews will be October 30th. I just got an email from the school that interviews will be extended through Caspa soon

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sloz2197 said:

Email from UTRGV PA program CASPer won’t be required this cycle. Interview date starts on October 30

I also received the same email,.but how are interviews extended through CASPA? did they mean through "email"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StillHopefultobePA said:

I also received the same email,.but how are interviews extended through CASPA? did they mean through "email"?

I wondered about this too. I’m assuming they send it through CASPA on their end, and we receive it in our email that is connected to our CASPA account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, prePALana said:

I wondered about this too. I’m assuming they send it through CASPA on their end, and we receive it in our email that is connected to our CASPA account.

Thanks, that makes more sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 4:56 PM, StillHopefultobePA said:

I also received the same email,.but how are interviews extended through CASPA? did they mean through "email"?

I wondered about this too. I don't think there's any way to extend interviews through CASPA. 

I'm concerned at how all over the place they are with this process...... this is my second time applying and last year it was not like this. I imagine they have a lot of adjustments to make due to the pandemic but I don't know....it's just so messy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

I wondered about this too. I don't think there's any way to extend interviews through CASPA. 

I'm concerned at how all over the place they are with this process...... this is my second time applying and last year it was not like this. I imagine they have a lot of adjustments to make due to the pandemic but I don't know....it's just so messy.

Right. Let's hope to get interview invitations today or sometime this week. Good luck everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to hear from them soon! It’s almost the 30th. Are they a rolling admissions school? I applied late July. It’s strange all the schools I’ve applied to in August have contacted me and none of the 2 July ones..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Obiwan said:

We have to hear from them soon! It’s almost the 30th. Are they a rolling admissions school? I applied late July. It’s strange all the schools I’ve applied to in August have contacted me and none of the 2 July ones..

I hope it is nonrolling this year. God knows how long it would be for them to send second/third round of invites lol. I'm not impatient but I would like to have an update on my almost $200 application yaknow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Obiwan said:

We have to hear from them soon! It’s almost the 30th. Are they a rolling admissions school? I applied late July. It’s strange all the schools I’ve applied to in August have contacted me and none of the 2 July ones..

It is rolling admissions!! Really hoping we hear sometime this week... but who knows 😣

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More