UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

37 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

ugh. my heart sinks every time I see acceptances even though I'm super happy for you all!!!!! lol

I'm impatiently waiting for mine. Re-applicant and I'm hoping this is my year!

I think we interviewed the same day. I feel the same exact way as you lol! Huge congrats to all those accepted, that's so exciting!! Trying to not let myself get discouraged every time I see an acceptance post, but I feel you it can be hard! Let's keep our chins up though!! In the end more acceptances go out than the spots they actually fill, and typically send out acceptances all the way up to the week or so before the program starts! and it's still so early if you think about it *This is what I am reminding myself to try and stay positive lol 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Erihdz112 said:

Got my acceptance email this afternoon! Interviewed 11/11. 
Don’t lose hope guys! Personally I felt like my interview didn’t go so well. So I was completely surprised when I got the email today! 

I felt the same way for my interview on 12/11. I was super nervous and felt like the questions I practice were not asked. And stumble a little with my words. I wish I could go back in time. If I do not get accepted, I will apply next year. I learned a lot from this interview.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wgval0428 said:

I got my acceptance call yesterday, and I got the email today!!! Congrats to everyone else who was also accepted. I personally felt that my interview did not go too well, so do not count yourself out yet. Best of luck to everyone!

Oh you're the first person I've heard getting a call!!! didn't know they were doing that

• Like 1

I received a message saying I reached the limit of reacts on this thread before I could "like" all acceptance offers so I decided to post. Congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance offer and thank you for sharing! I am beyond excited for you all! I interviewed in early December. I'm hopeful and praying to hear something soon. I run to my phone every time a notification sound goes off and check my spam folder hourly. This wait is no joke and has taught me I am not as patient as I thought lol. 

I've been thinking about areas in my application I could improve just in case I need to apply again. Would those who were offered a seat please share their stats, advice, or something they did that worked well for them?

Congratulations to everyone who has has made it this far in their Pre-Physician Assistant journey! We have worked extremely hard and if we really want this we will try again. Take a second and rest but don't you dare quit! We've got this. ❤️

• Like 10

Hi, so I've submitted my application pretty late around August. My application status has been on "under review by program" for some months now, has anyone heard anything? Does someone have a time frame of the process, I understand with COVID things are going to be delayed but I'm feeling pretty anxious as it's nearing January and I still haven't heard anything. Thank you 🙂

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! I interviewed on 11/11 and have not heard back. Re-applicant too. I really felt like my interview went poorly so I’m not getting my hopes up. It took a lot of thinking but this will be the end of my PA journey if I do not get in this year. Congrats again to the class of 2023. I wish you all the best in your journey to becoming a PA-C, and in the profession. 

Edited by pa9701
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, dmaria said:

Hi, so I've submitted my application pretty late around August. My application status has been on "under review by program" for some months now, has anyone heard anything? Does someone have a time frame of the process, I understand with COVID things are going to be delayed but I'm feeling pretty anxious as it's nearing January and I still haven't heard anything. Thank you 🙂

Did you ever receive an email saying you met the minimum requirements?

12 hours ago, pa9701 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! I interviewed on 11/11 and have not heard back. Re-applicant too. I really felt like my interview went poorly so I’m not getting my hopes up. It took a lot of thinking but this will be the end of my PA journey if I do not get in this year. Congrats again to the class of 2023. I wish you all the best in your journey to becoming a PA-C, and in the profession. 

I'm currently having the same conversation with myself but have yet to decide. It's a tough position to be in for sure. It's not over for us just yet! ❤️ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TXBee said:

So is that email saying that they've already filled the cohort and that those who have interviewed and haven't heard back yet are either waitlisted or rejected? 

yes, sounds that way.

I think they're waiting to hear back from the ones that have been accepted and then send out waitlists if needed.. But definitely if you haven't interviewed they will not be extending invitations to interview anymore. I interviewed and haven't heard back so I'm taking it as a rejection based on the way the email was worded. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1