UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

Good luck to you! Texas native applying too 🙂Managed to submit first week of May. 

BUT I am confused. I did attend the info session, but I'm still unclear. Do we need to send the program our transcripts or not? I assumed no, because basically no schools do that. But I keep getting emails saying my 'graduate school application' isn't complete because of that. So just paranoid that they won't look at it without those. I looked at the FAQ, but honestly their stuff isn't completely up to date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alfrid said:

Good luck to you! Texas native applying too 🙂Managed to submit first week of May. 

BUT I am confused. I did attend the info session, but I'm still unclear. Do we need to send the program our transcripts or not? I assumed no, because basically no schools do that. But I keep getting emails saying my 'graduate school application' isn't complete because of that. So just paranoid that they won't look at it without those. I looked at the FAQ, but honestly their stuff isn't completely up to date.

Hi, I was unsure about this too. Based on what I heard from them via phone they only require official transcripts upon acceptance. 

18 hours ago, Anusha said:

Hi, I was unsure about this too. Based on what I heard from them via phone they only require official transcripts upon acceptance. 

Did anyone have trouble paying for the supplemental application? My physical address carried over to the billing address when checking out, which is different from my credit card. It does not let me make changes though. 

5 hours ago, WTPA11 said:

Did anyone have trouble paying for the supplemental application? My physical address carried over to the billing address when checking out, which is different from my credit card. It does not let me make changes though. 

I didn't have trouble paying, but I did get an email saying my payment hasn't been received. Probably will be calling/emailing them this weekend!

22 hours ago, hbanzuelo said:

They are also asking for recommenders on the supplemental application. I'm confused because shouldn't that come from  CASPA?

They will take everything from CASPA. 

Just be sure to apply and pay the $50 fee. If you get accepted, then they will ask for your transcripts, but the LOR's they will get from CASPA. 

• Like 1

Is anyone having issues with the prerequisites the program is requiring? They need A&P I and A&P II, and I have Anatomy and Physiology (taken separately). To my understanding, they should count for both, but the program is saying it only counted for A&P I. 

23 hours ago, Anusha said:

My Self-Service Center Checklist still shows my application to be incomplete. Is anyone facing the same issue? I know the checklist says it needs our transcript but the website says upon acceptance? 

I have the same issue! My CASPA was verified and I submitted the supplemental app but it says incomplete. I think we only need to send official transcripts when accepted so I'm not sure why it says that? 

On 6/13/2020 at 3:01 PM, pa9701 said:

You should call or email the program for specific questions like this! They are quick with replying. 

yeah I did! They haven't got back to me yet, so I thought I'd ask here just in case anyone applied with psych stats. 

Also, did anyone attach anything to the section that asks for additional information you want included in your application? 

4 hours ago, las257 said:

yeah I did! They haven't got back to me yet, so I thought I'd ask here just in case anyone applied with psych stats. 

Also, did anyone attach anything to the section that asks for additional information you want included in your application? 

Weird, they usually reply quick.

They so have a virtual information session on July 18. You can sign up for it online. I went to the last one and people asked all kinds of questions about courses! It was super helpful. Just thought I’d let you know if you’re interested. 

And no I didn’t attach anything additional. 

19 minutes ago, pa9701 said:

Weird, they usually reply quick.

They so have a virtual information session on July 18. You can sign up for it online. I went to the last one and people asked all kinds of questions about courses! It was super helpful. Just thought I’d let you know if you’re interested. 

And no I didn’t attach anything additional. 

Oh yeah I saw that! Thanks! I'll sign up for it. Did you have to dress up? Or could you leave your camera off lol