2020-2021 Application Cycle

Received an email last week Thursday inviting me to submit an essay of why I want to pursue an MPH. Received an email this morning stating, "As part of our rolling admissions process, we are in the midst of scheduling interviews for Dual Degree applicants. We will contact you shortly with all relevant details when a timeslot has been allocated for your Zoom interview with a member of Physician Assistant Faculty." So I guess I got an interview invite, but no set date quite yet?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onedayordayone said:

To anyone who has paid their $1500 deposit, have you heard back from the program about next steps yet? 

In the live webinar 2 weeks ago, they said they were getting ready to send out emails but I haven’t gotten anything.

I have paid but have not heard anything back yet! I also was wondering what the next steps are. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wishmeluck2020 said:

Received an email last week Thursday inviting me to submit an essay of why I want to pursue an MPH. Received an email this morning stating, "As part of our rolling admissions process, we are in the midst of scheduling interviews for Dual Degree applicants. We will contact you shortly with all relevant details when a timeslot has been allocated for your Zoom interview with a member of Physician Assistant Faculty." So I guess I got an interview invite, but no set date quite yet?

I got the same email!  I'm a little confused as well, but I think that means we got an interview?? Congrats!

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 9:21 PM, rsteuart said:

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anybody has made or found a facebook page for the accepted students in the class of 2023? If not, would anybody be opposed to me making one? Or does a faculty member at Arcadia usually make one? 

I was also wondering if there was an accepted students Facebook. Haven’t found one yet but I wouldn’t be opposed to someone creating a group!

• Upvote 3

On 10/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Tj139 said:

What’s the environment like, are the students supportive of each other, are the faculty available to students? Just trying to get a feel for the program culture.

I was disappointed there wasn’t more of an opportunity to interact with current students in the interview process.

Yes!! It is a very supportive program. You get paired with someone in the class ahead of you before you start the program to start you off on a good foot. There is a mix of zoom lectures + asynchronous learning currently. You also get paired with an advisor faculty member who is always available to chat and sets up meetings to check in. Faculty is very supportive and understands the struggles of PA school and really is there to help you succeed in the program. Everyone has always been very responsive to my emails if I ever have any questions or concerns. 

When it comes to your fellow classmates -- we are constantly sharing study tools with each other or creating charts and practice tests to help prepare for exams -- and meeting up for zoom study group sessions! I'm sorry you felt like you could not interact with the current students before interviewing. When I interviewed (in person, obviously it was a different circumstance), the current students really helped excite me about the program 🙂 It is a very collaborative program, and has been very different from my experience in undergrad. We are all here to support each other and help each other succeed.

• Like 7

On 10/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, runningintopa said:

Yes!! It is a very supportive program. You get paired with someone in the class ahead of you before you start the program to start you off on a good foot. There is a mix of zoom lectures + asynchronous learning currently. You also get paired with an advisor faculty member who is always available to chat and sets up meetings to check in. Faculty is very supportive and understands the struggles of PA school and really is there to help you succeed in the program. Everyone has always been very responsive to my emails if I ever have any questions or concerns. 

When it comes to your fellow classmates -- we are constantly sharing study tools with each other or creating charts and practice tests to help prepare for exams -- and meeting up for zoom study group sessions! I'm sorry you felt like you could not interact with the current students before interviewing. When I interviewed (in person, obviously it was a different circumstance), the current students really helped excite me about the program 🙂 It is a very collaborative program, and has been very different from my experience in undergrad. We are all here to support each other and help each other succeed.

Hello!

Thank you so much for your details about the program! I have been nervous since I couldn't tour the school or meet faculty. May I ask you another question? Can you let me know how the rotations work? One of the things I am most excited about is having so many options for rotations and I am curious to learn more about them. From what you have learned thus far, are most of them close by or can you travel around the country? For housing do most people just do airbnbs because they are only 4 weeks? And have you heard anything about how short the rotations are, do people like that or do they feel it's too rushed? 

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Jazzy said:

Hello!

Thank you so much for your details about the program! I have been nervous since I couldn't tour the school or meet faculty. May I ask you another question? Can you let me know how the rotations work? One of the things I am most excited about is having so many options for rotations and I am curious to learn more about them. From what you have learned thus far, are most of them close by or can you travel around the country? For housing do most people just do airbnbs because they are only 4 weeks? And have you heard anything about how short the rotations are, do people like that or do they feel it's too rushed? 

Thank you so much!

From the info session I attended, they said each rotation is 4 weeks in length. 1/3 of the rotations will be considered away, meaning they are >90 miles away from campus. They made it sound like they are open to finding you away rotations in places you suggest/already have housing. 

Hi guys! I decided a few weeks ago that I will be attending the Delaware campus this May. I've been trying to find a Facebook group but haven't seen anything yet. I was thinking about maybe making one for the Delaware Campus. Anyone attending the Delaware campus who thinks this is a good idea or would join? Let me know!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sawal said:

Hi guys! I decided a few weeks ago that I will be attending the Delaware campus this May. I've been trying to find a Facebook group but haven't seen anything yet. I was thinking about maybe making one for the Delaware Campus. Anyone attending the Delaware campus who thinks this is a good idea or would join? Let me know!

You can do it or I can make one! I want to start meeting people who will be attending the DE campus as well 🙂 

It may be a good idea to put the DE campus in the group name so that people who are going to the Glenside campus don't accidentally join! Maybe something like "Arcadia University PA Program Class of 2023 - Delaware Campus" 

Edited by rsteuart

4 hours ago, rsteuart said:

Do it! I want to start meeting people who will be attending the DE campus as well 🙂 

It may be a good idea to put the DE campus in the group name so that people who are going to the Glenside campus don't accidentally join! Maybe something like "Arcadia University PA Program Class of 2023 - Delaware Campus" 

Let me know if you don't feel comfortable making it and I will make one! 🙂 

Let me know if you make one as well! I was accepted to the DE campus and would love to join!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rsteuart said:

Hey everyone! I just made a facebook group for the accepted students at the Delaware campus! Let me know if you have any trouble with the link. I can't wait to meet everyone!! 🙂 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/362214481894139/about

@Sloffee @Sawal

Awesome!! Thank you for making the group. I just requested to join!! Can't wait to meet you all!!!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, TheColorBlue said:

I’m actually curious myself. I attended the info session but they didn’t send out the recording. I did take some notes though 🙃

Okay thank you for letting me know! If you heard anything in it that surprised you I'd love to hear about it:)