Exposed to Covid19

14 hours ago, BayPAC said:

Have you ever been exposed to a patient with COVID19 without knowing? If yes, what is your organization guidelines in cases like this? 

My significant other was exposed to confirmed covid patients. She subsequently tested positive with mild symptoms. She was made to stay home for nearly 3 weeks. I was subsequently exposed to her however was never symptomatic. I was required to quarantine for 10 days. My test was lost amongst thousands of others that were sent out so I never received a positive verification. Her neighbor, who also works inpatient was exposed as well, had more moderate symptoms yet refused to go in and test for fear of not working, kept going to work and potentially infecting others. I’d incline you to get tested if you do develop sinusitis-like symptoms, dry cough, etc. Even if you don’t have a fever.

21 minutes ago, ANESMCR said:

Her neighbor, who also works inpatient was exposed as well, had more moderate symptoms yet refused to go in and test for fear of not working, kept going to work and potentially infecting others.

This.  Is happening everywhere.  A friend who works in patient at hospital tested positive had mild symptoms was told by her employer that if she missed more than 2 weeks she would have to use short term disability .   So much for  trying to contain and minimize people & patients exposure.     If a hospital is doing this never mind other businesses.     

I've had 15+ Positives since April who knows how many more actually positive because we stopped doing in-house testing on individuals getting dc'd. Only admitted pt's get swabbed. I'm on my hospital's high risk list and all they've asked me to do was get tested OR self-monitor temps prior to clocking in.

I elected to self-monitor and have another RN take my temp so there's no questioning my temp results. I did get the POCT antibody testing done a few days ago and was negative for both COVID-19 IgG and IgM. 

We're limiting the # of distributed n95s lmao and autoclaving them for up to 5 times. I went and bought a full-face mask because if and once we run out...I'll have my personal full-face mask.

Edited by Diggy

As above - I get a notification and that is pretty much it.  But I only get notified if I test the patient and they come back positive.  If I see them, they bounce back 2 days later and are tested then and come back positive, I never hear a thing.  They check our temp at work but otherwise we are expected to self monitor our symptoms.