18 hours ago, Chloe7116 said:

What is the typical GPA of a competitive applicant?

The average undergraduate cumulative GPA of applicants for the most recent class was 3.58 with a science GPA of 3.57. GPAs vary from one class to another as the applicant pool varies.

If that is your cGPA, I would say it also matters what your sGPA is. If your sGPA is closer to their average than I would say definitely try.

What is the average GRE score of a competitive applicant?

A competitive GRE score is in the 80th percentile or higher for GRE Verbal and in the 60th percentile or higher for GRE Quantatative with a 4.0 or greater Analytical score.

I would also say it depends on your GRE percentiles as well! Of course these are just averages so you can be slightly below, but this is a "competitive applicant profile" listed on their website!

Hope this helps!!

Got it thank you!!! Appreciate the prompt feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who closely follows this and/or other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extreme

Hoping interview invites start going out soon!! 🙂

PA-1 here! I’ll be one of your social hour hosts! We can’t wait to “meet” you guys and answer your questions! Some of us will also be your panelist the next day :)) Good luck on your interview! 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, PABoi said:

As someone who used to work in college admissions, I always recommend that students take averages with a grain of salt. It is implied that individuals both below and above those numbers apply and are accepted! As long as you meet the minimum requirement, you qualify to apply for a reason. If there are certain parts of your application that aren't as strong, make other portions shine to balance it out (aka, really utilize that personal statement to set yourself apart!) I say go for it! Especially if you're interested in the MPH dual program, that is something that can certainly make you stand apart. 

This definitely lowered my anxiety by... a lot haha. Thank you so much for your help. 

I'm glad that GW's secondary "essay" allows me to go more into why I want to do the dual program. I will for sure use that to my advantage. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hsd06 said:

Has anyone heard from the school about interview invites yet??

I haven't heard anything yet but their site states that the first interview will be held on September 12, so I'm assuming the first batch of invites have to be coming out pretty soon

I haven't heard anything yet but their site states that the first interview will be held on September 12, so I'm assuming the first batch of invites have to be coming out pretty soon

Yeah, they said they give about a 2 week notice. I’m interested to see if the interviews will be in person or virtual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19 minutes ago, aea828 said:

Ahh congrats!! Can you give us your timeline?

18 minutes ago, jds15b said:

What area code did the call come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email for the interview. I submitted my caspa and supplemental 7/2 and was sent the “under review” email on 7/8.   

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, StaciC said:

Congrats! Those who were offered interviews, do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! Genetics major/Spanish minor, '18

Overall GPA: 3.89, Science GPA: 3.87

GRE: 317 (154q, 163v)

PCE hours: 1,088  (low, but I had a good reason that I explained in my ps)

Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by Madison56565656
Just now, Emrosti1215 said:

Same where. I submitted for the 3-year MPH/PA dual program and there was no supplemental essay. I hope I did not miss something!

I submitted for the 3 year PA/MPH program and I definitely remember there being a supplemental essay on CASPA. It asked why you were interested in pursuing the joint degree.